Help with day of the week (tomorrow, next day, next day)

Hello,

In a nutshell, what I’m trying to do is build a little forecast for 3 days on the watch face with weather data. For example if today is Wednesday then I would like my forecast at the bottom to show Thr Fri Sat for headings. I’ve looked at ICU Formatting and have tried it there and can’t figure it out and can’t figure it out here. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You!

It´s possible, but only in one language:

Actual day:

$#DOW#=1?Mon:$$#DOW#=2?Tue:$$#DOW#=3?Wed:$$#DOW#=4?Thu:$$#DOW#=5?Fri:$$#DOW#=6?Sat:$$#DOW#=0?Sun:$

Day 1:

$#DOW#=0?Mon:$$#DOW#=1?Tue:$$#DOW#=2?Wed:$$#DOW#=3?Thu:$$#DOW#=4?Fri:$$#DOW#=5?Sat:$$#DOW#=6?Sun:$

Day 2:

$#DOW#=6?Mon:$$#DOW#=0?Tue:$$#DOW#=1?Wed:$$#DOW#=2?Thu:$$#DOW#=3?Fri:$$#DOW#=4?Sat:$$#DOW#=5?Sun:$

Day 3:

$#DOW#=5?Mon:$$#DOW#=6?Tue:$$#DOW#=0?Wed:$$#DOW#=1?Thu:$$#DOW#=2?Fri:$$#DOW#=3?Sat:$$#DOW#=4?Sun:$

Paste the code in the Text-Field.

Greetings, GAUSS.

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I will give it a try.

I think I understand what you are doing but no sure what the “$” and “?” is doing? Is this a type of syntax I can look up and see how everything works. I used to program years ago and get the concept but it would be nice to be able to go out and do some research on the syntax used so I can work on getting better at this.

Thank You!
Tony

1 Like

It’s like an IF THEN ELSE, explained here: Conditionals – How can we help?

1 Like

Thank You! Makes perfect sense. Thanks so much for all of your help.

Tony

1 Like

You‘re welcome. Glad i could help.

Hey!
I tried using #DES# in this code and it doesn’t seem to like it. Any way I can make that work?

Thanks

Sorry to interrupt, but why do you use this tag? #DES# - First letter of the day of Week

I’d like the layout

M T W T F S S

and then to highlight what day it is

Then just put it in the text and continue the same way

$#DOW#=1?M:$$#DOW#=2?T:$$#DOW#=3?W:$$#DOW#=4?T:$$#DOW#=5?F:$$#DOW#=6?S:$$#DOW#=0?S:$

That’s what I tried, but it is just showing up blank

Like this (inspection enabled)?

Would it be possible to assign a font color to the active day? red for example highlighted by a box or underlined?

Thanks
Trey

If you have days of the week in a row, you can assign a colour to the central element. You cannot assign a colour using any formula or tag.

1 Like

you could add another layer for each letter with a different color and set the opacity to 0 or 100