[KNOWN ISSUE] Sporadic Facer freeze on Samsung smartwatches (Tizen based only)

If you ask me, it’s ridiculous that one has to go through these for paid products. On top of the crazy amount of advertisement Facer already has, both on your phone and your watch.

2 Likes

This has been happening on my Galaxy Active 2 for a while now. I find it most often happens when an automatic workout has been detected. It can freeze for minutes without updating the time. Please fix this. If there’s anything I need my watch to do, it’s tell the correct time. That’s the main purpose of a watch.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem, faces not syncing to my watch. I’m using my Note 20ultra with my galaxy watch 3.

Because this app is crap,i hava the same problem over and over again

Hi all - We apologize again for this, we are continuing to work with Samsung on fixing this issue. We will update here as soon as we have a fix.

In the meantime, could you update to the latest build (5.1.34) and let us know here is there’s any improvement?

@brandonkay1 Thanks for that insight about the automatic workout detection. How much more frequently does the freeze happen when automatic workout detection is enabled?

@Facer_Official I’ve realized now it happens a lot whenever I’m using an apps that for whatever reason don’t obey screen always on mode. Automatic workout detections are like this, and also the default stopwatch app. When a workout or my stopwatch is running, the screen will turn off soon after no input is given. After this I will often see my Facer has frozen. Once my facer has frozen my watch will no longer obey always on mode until it is resynced. One way this can be done is switching to a non-facer watchface and then switching back, which will cause the face to resync. This is really frustrating though, I wish there was a simple button action that could be used to resync the face when bugs like this happen.

@Facer_Official How can you update a watch face that wasn’t purchased through the companion app? I have a face purchased through the Samsung Galaxy Store. Using the updated Facer Companion app doesn’t update the face. I’m still experiencing the same problems.

First of all I’d like to say a great big Thank You to all the Facer Team for this excellent App :+1: and secondly…I wish a very Merry Christmas and an extremely Happy New Year to everyone :grinning:
My Watch is the Samsung Galaxy 46" and I don’t have any problems with it whatsoever.
I hope y’all resolve your issues soon

@Facer_Official Has there been any progress on the face freezing on Galaxy Active 2 and now the Galaxy 3 watches? I’ve quit using Facer whenever I wear my Active 2 because it’s just about worthless as watch. My Gear S3 Frontier is unaffected so I can at least use Facer on it.

4 Likes

@mrantisocialguy Unfortunately no updates, but this is still a priority for us and we are actively working on it. On your Active 2 and Galaxy 3, are there any Facer faces that do not freeze ever? For example, does the freeze still happen when you use a simple watch face with just the time?

On my Active 2 it will freeze or sometimes show me a notice that “Home has stopped working”. The watch face I use is one that is VERY basic and unpublished. Here is a link to it if you would like to inspect it.

1 Like

Personally I have tried with basic clock faces and after a couple of hours they freeze, even validating that this is a sync issue I was using the aod to ensure some kind of connection, but after a while the screen turns off and stops working the aod despite being active.

1 Like

@oz_ezz Thanks for this info, could you link to an example of one of these simple faces?

@mrantisocialguy Could you send us an email at facer-support@little-labs.com and share the ticket number you receive here? We’d like to follow up more in-depth about what you’re seeing.

Ticket #63484 And this is the watch face: KB9TMP - Private 9 - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

1 Like

I did not have this issue on my galaxy active before when I had a moto phone but now that I switched to the s7 edge I just had the issue. :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @darcystabler,

Can you send us an email at facer-support@little-labs.com? The fact that you saw the issue starting to happen after you switched phone is very interesting to us and might help identify the root cause. Once you get a ticket ID for your support request, please share it here so it can be escalated internally.

Hi all,

If you are still seeing the issue, can you let us know:

• What type of phone you are using with your watch?
  • Do you use the SHealth features on your phone and watch?

Also, please make sure to send us an email at facer-support@little-labs.com if you’re still having this issue today. This is the best way for us to investigate this and keep you updated.

1 Like

Hi all,

We are getting reports that the Tizen firmware v5.5.0.2 is significantly improving the lag/freeze issues reported by some of you, at least on Samsung Active 2. That firmware has started deploying around January 14th 2021 for some devices and appears to be rolling to more devices in the past couple of days.

If you did get Tizen 5.5.0.2, could you let us know if it fixed the issue for you?

Since my watch has updated to Tizen 5.5.0.2 instead of it trying to freeze when it starts getting sluggish I will look to see what time it is and the watch is restarting instead of displaying time.

I have v5.5.0.2 and still have all the same problems as before. I sent an email describing the problems to the address listed earlier in this thread.

1 Like