Math help: Spiral expression

LOL :sweat_smile: ok I shouldn’t propose formulas when I’m not in front of a computer haha. Yeah so what I said above doesn’t work at all.

Here are the orbit equations I’ve used a few times. Just for clarity, those 147’s in the formulae are holding the orbit. In this case the orbit is held at a radius of 147 pixels from the center (160,160).

X: (((sin((((360-#DWFSS#)-122)/180)*pi))*147)+160)
Y: (((cos((((360-#DWFSS#)-122)/180)*pi))*147)+160)

Now to make a spiral, we just need to convert the 147’s to something that will grow from 0 to some max radius in the minute that is transpiring. So DWFSS is good for that. Just multiply it by some factor that will keep an object on the screen as long as possible before the minute starts over again.

Playing around with values, DWFSS * 0.47 (almost half of DWFSS) will just spiral your object off-screen (around 9:30) before the minute starts over again. Think about it… half of the 360 max for DWFSS is 180 which is too far off screen. The max screen radius is 160. So a little less than half of DWFSS will push the object right to the edge on-screen through :59 seconds before starting over again.

X: (((sin((((360-#DWFSS#)-122)/180)pi))(#DWFSS#*0.47))+160)
Y: (((cos((((360-#DWFSS#)-122)/180)pi))(#DWFSS#*0.47))+160)


inspection is on.

HTH,
John

1 Like