New to Facer Expressions

I am new to designing with Facer. I previously had a fitbit (which I still have) and designed watch faces with a similar site for Fibit watches called Fitface. It’s set up similar to Facer, but the tags are different. I’m assuming the expressions are probably done a little differently too? I don’t know a lot about coding but know how to do certain things and am still learning.

I am trying to animate a heart rate icon. Basically so that it shows only on the even seconds. The way I did this with my fitbit was with an expression written this way : ( #ts# % 2 == 0 ? 0 : 1 ) where #ts# is seconds in the minute. How would I do this with Facer? Are they they same save for the tag being #Ds#? If not how are expressions set up with Facer?

Thanks!
Mel

The formula must be in the object opacity field

$#Ds#%2==0?0:100$

I figured that’s where it would go but wasn’t sure how to formulate it properly for Facer but looks pretty similar. So then to begin and end an expression we use $ instead of ( & ).

Thanks!
Mel

Okay so I set it up and it works in the editor when I put it in action but on my watch it does nothing. I tried restarting my watch but that didn’t help. Any ideas?

Mel

This tag must work on any watch. Try it again like this

$#Ds#%2=0?0:100$

I had also this issue for a long time --> [Help] Does Modulo (%) Work in Facer? (No)
I have to add some parenthesis to make the modulo function working on my watch:

$((#Ds#)%2)==0?0:100$

1 Like

The modulo must be in parentheses.

$(#Ds#%2)==0?0:100$

I was criticized during the approval.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. I wasn’t sure where I would need the parenthesis or not. Will check try this :slight_smile: