Take two - Premium Designer

Thanks! Glad it was worth the effort!

2 Likes

As an aside, is it just me or has @Facer_Official been responding to queries less over the last 1 or 2 weeks? They used to be ultra responsive but I’ve noticed a few unanswered posts here in the community…Could it be linked to the technical issues they’ve been having?

3 Likes

Hmm I have noticed that actually now that you mention it… I’m sure they’re just super busy organising awesome things moving forward :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Im rooting for you !!! Hope you make it this time.

4 Likes

Thanks @selia67! :slight_smile: I really appreciate it!

4 Likes

I just saw @cth4242 and @Tomas comments in this thread:

Huge congrats on the top 100 showing - Saw that you had all 4 of the top spots at one stage (and still have 4 in the top 10, including #1 and #3). Well done!! I’m sure @Facer_Official have noticed :wink:

4 Likes

Also, given that some of my favourite designers are here (@Mellin, @GAUSS, @selia67, @syntaxracing, @roycaruso, @Linlay), I’m wondering if you have any tips for someone like me who is just getting into the face making game? I’m particularly interested in making artistic designs (I’m a painter), but wouldn’t even be sure how to translate my art into a design…Looking forward to hearing from you!

4 Likes

Hi, @richgrayson92

It‘s not easy to help you because we don‘t know your abilities/experiences and your hard- and software equipment. If you paint by hand you should use a camera or scanner to digitalize your works and a graphic program like gimp, photoshop to work on your templates.

5 Likes

Hi @GAUSS, thanks for your reply! I have a little bit of experience with Photoshop, but am by no means an expert. I’ve never heard of gimp - I’ll be sure to have a look. I like the idea of scanning them in (rather than trying to reproduce them digitally from scratch). Otherwise I’ll have to invest in a good camera!

2 Likes

First starting out - such an exciting time! I think the suggestion by @GAUSS is the way to go. I personally mostly use Photoshop and the inbuilt Facer Creator assets. I hadn’t considered using something from my sketchbook… What kind of things do you paint? As well as the people you’ve mentioned, @pacingpoet has some fantastic artistic designs that could give you some ideas about how to implement water colour-style graphics

3 Likes

I agree with phantasico. Scan your work if it has been created by hand. A graphics application can size it for your watch face template. (There are discussions around here regarding the preferred size.) By doing that you can adjust and anticipate areas for Facer Creator’s elements that you choose to use.
Add your watermark, signature or logo. Use Creator to upload your artwork as your Background and work from there.

3 Likes

At This point there isn’t much I can say that the others haven’t as far as where to start. They definitely pointed you in the right direction so I’ll just start with, thank you @richgrayson92 for enjoying my work. I’m glad to hear you like it!

As for gimp, it’s a free design program similar to Photoshop. I’ve never used it but I’m sure you can find plenty of youtube tutorials to get you started.

Once you get your feet wet with that stuff come back here and check out some of the coding tutorials in this forum. Also if you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask. Most importantly, make sure to show off your designs in the design showcase. We all look forward to seeing them.

5 Likes

Great, thank! I mostly paint landscapes, but I have some nice night time/city paintings that would lend themselves beautifully to watch faces (I think :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

Fantastic, thanks so much! Yes, I better come up with a logo…The generic R I have at the moment is not the best!

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll definitely make sure to post them once the’re done. They won’t be able to compete with anything you guys do, but it looks like it’ll be a lot of fun!

4 Likes

Im sure they will look awesome and cant wait to see them.
FACER is for everyone. In this world there are ALL sorts of people that ALL have different likes and taste. Some like goofy, some like to show off their favorite brand, some love the scenery type of faces and Facer is blessed to have some VERY Skilled and Awesome High Tech Face Makers for those people that love the detail and hard work that goes into each of their fantastic creations.

But there are also alot of people out there that really enjoy the more basic faces too. At Facer Ive found that there is something for everyone of all kinds of tastes and likes and they are not prejudice to just the elite. They welcome everyone. The main thing is to just have fun and enjoy your creations. And Im sure if you ask anyone of the Premium Designers, they will agree.

OK SO NOW I’m going to have to do this In hopes that the Facer Staff sees it …MAKE roycaruso A Premium Designer. (smiles)

GrammyLove

4 Likes

Thanks @selia67! I agree, from what I’ve seen so far, the Facer community is very accepting and friendly :slight_smile: I quite like simple and goofy, so that’s good to hear! :smiley:

And yes, @Facer_Official, MAKE ROYCARUSO PREMIUM …pretty please :smiley:

4 Likes

Very wise words - Facer has something for everyone, and one of the best and friendliest communities out there :slight_smile:

Haha thanks @selia67 and @richgrayson92!! No word yet unfortunately, but I really appreciate the support from everyone here (and on Twitter). It definitely makes me smile :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Your “R” may be fine. According to courses I’ve taken on logo design, simple is best and it will become recognizable.

I disagree with a comment above and suggest not showing off your “favorite brand” unless it is your own, or you have permission from a brand to do so. Otherwise it is illegal – no matter where you snagged their design from. Most artists are familiar with the ethics involved in that one.

4 Likes

I meant the generic R with the green background allocated to me by Facer :stuck_out_tongue: But that’s a good point and gives me an idea about a logo I could use (thnx!)

Re: @selia67 's comment, I took ‘brand’ to mean ‘your special thing, your pizazz’, so no harm done :slight_smile: I’m actually an IP lawyer so know a thing or two about branding :wink:

4 Likes