This One Took A While To Make The Curved Text

All 3 of those are still leading the digital seconds by 0.5sec!

Tomorrow I’ll play around with it some more, I have a feeling in the formula I should just offset DWFSS by -3 (negative half a second * 6 degrees) and that might just do it.

Meanwhile, here’s the whole face. It’s based on a weird vintage hybrid watch I came across. I say weird because the original watch has 4 completely separate center points for the outer edge spokes, the inner ridged band/markers, the hands, and the overall dial itself! I moved the hands down to center them within the ridged band/markers. I’m still working on dynamic shadows under the LCD digits, but I think I’ve got it. It seems to work fine on my GW4, it wasn’t working on my GW1 for some reason. How is it working on your watches?

6 Likes

Looks nice @kourosh but I will say that all of it except the Digital display looks very faint, a little blurry even :thinking:

1 Like

This design looks cool @kourosh, though I would consider moving the minute/seconds tracks to the clock dial and not on the outer main dial. Reason being is many smart watches already have ticks or numbers permanently printed on the bezel and the misalignment with these will look funky. I also agree with Gizmo that a little more contrast in the elements would be a good idea too. I think it’s a sharp design though!

4 Likes

nice design @mrantisocialguy !

3 Likes

I agree, the contrast is quite low and I’m still tweaking the colors.

I was already considering moving the spokes inside the main dial, another reason I called it a weird watch, I just started out with the original watch’s layout which is just weird, slowly making changes to center things (it has 4 centers!). It’s also my cheapest vintage recreation yet at a mere $33: Vintage "Embassy" by Gruen Digital Analog Alarm Stopwatch Stainless Steel Mens Watch — New Avenue

2 Likes

Yeah . I see you have a job to bring that to OLED . You are just going to have to cheat a bit and go for the Spirit of the Face .

1 Like

May I ask how you got the curved text? Did you do it in the Facer app or an outside source? Very nice by the way.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if you are asking me or one of the others this question. We normally use the <Reply link like I did with my reply to you. Anyway, for my face at the top of this thread, I used Paint (dot) net to make the white curved text labels at the outside edge of the face. The colored text just inside of those labels I have used expressions to split each number into separate numbers. The yellow steps are 5 layers each with an expression to give the 1’s, 10’s, 100’s 1K’s and 10K’s correct number. The face has inspection open on it so you can go inside and see exactly how it’s done. On computer just click the “MAG 1706” and it will open the face into its own webpage. Then on the left look for the little rocket ship icon. That will take you to the Facer Creator in inspection mode. You can do anything you want in there because anything you change or delete will not be able to be saved. HAVE FUN!

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi @se7en.tribes , welcome to the Community, I sure hope you get to like it here as much as a lot of us do. There’s absolutely loads to learn, and plenty of helpful people here too: this is the best Watch Face Creating Community in existence :smiley:

1 Like

I would absolutely agree. And I am enjoying this community very much, thank you for welcoming me.

2 Likes

You’re most welcome, we all like to encourage and help new members here if we can :+1:

2 Likes

Oh dear. She’s back under a different name. If it was us harassing then it would have been well left alone but there seems to be a determination to ruin this forum.

2 Likes

And that same person says that we don’t have a life :rofl:

1 Like

I really tried to reach out initially, for a long time keeping politics and religion out of it, but I think I failed in the end mentioning that she claimed to be a Satanist that didn’t worship Satan.

2 Likes

Was Satan not one of God Angels he kicked out for being a Prat. I say I am surprised she has not turned up on FB. Or am I.

1 Like

We don’t have a life, we are proud faceaholics :crazy_face: :rofl:

4 Likes

Always love your humour @kourosh :rofl:

2 Likes

Just think of me as the president and founder of the Dixie Cup Company of Easton Pennsylvania. :+1:

2 Likes