Writing on moving objects

Im trying to figure out how to put writing on a moving,spinning object if its possible and would like to know where to find more different hands and faces ect

2 Likes

Do you mean like putting text on a hand? If so, just add it to the image of the hand before you upload it. If you mean active text like digital time, i think you could just apply the hand rotation code to the digital time.

1 Like

Hi Rator yes that’s what I meant active text like digital time Ect ok ty I’ll give that I try

Good luck and no problem!

I’m sure that if that doesn’t work that there’s a more complex way to do it, and maybe another, more experienced designer could help you out with that code.

Does anyone have a code for the writing to spin around or follow an object that you put it on ??

I’m not exactly sure what type of spinning you mean, but maybe you could create the text on a transparent layer and use a rotation formula.
Rotating picture or if that’s not what you mean, maybe a circular motion:
[Tutorial] How To Create Circular Motion (Not Rotation)
There are websites that will create “spinning” text, but since the images you publish for Facer should be your own work, I wouldn’t recommend using one of those.

For finding hands and faces, you can create them using a app like PhotoShop or one of the free ones. There are several discussions in the community about that.

1 Like

My hands are not lining up when i use the hands free to use hands :frowning: what can I do to fix the problem thank you

Can you share the face you’re working on and maybe we can see how to fix it?

2 Likes

A couple of things re the hands …

First of all make sure that the hand image is centred, ie. Xpos = 160, Ypos = 160

Second, when you download the hand images make sure you download them full size. These look like ones that I have uploaded but they should be 640 pixels high. If yours are smaller then download them again at full size ( do this by right clicking on the image and choosing download ). Note that hands rotate about the centre pixel of the hand’s image so you need to make sure that any hand image you use has the pivot point of the hand exactly in the middle of the image.

I hope that helps.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much sweets, Ill give it a go

Ty Mikeoday that helped your awesome :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are welcome, I’m glad it helped.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to add the place Im at on the watch face please

Do you mean your current location? You can do it via weather location use tag #WLC#

1 Like

yes ty Rator : )

Did you see this? https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/articles/360015184094-Tags
It might be handy to bookmark that page.

1 Like

Thank you Linlay I didnt see that also is it possible to put a butterfly ect on the tip of your watch hands at all

Yes, you can design your watch hands to any style you want as long as you have them placed correctly as described above.

1 Like

Yep, you just need to make your own and upload them.

2 Likes

what programs do yous use to design things if you dont mind me asking ?
And how do you get a count down till halloween birthdays xmas ect ?