[BUG] Updated Gear S3 Won't Sync (Stalls At 75%)

I had to completely uninstall, unpair, repair, and finally reinstall before I was able to get it to work.

@Facer_Official: Concur with all of the above, the bluetooth connection is glitchy and after the recent ā€˜Gearā€™ update more-so, donā€™t think this is Facer issue per se. Factory reset of the watch is of course and option, if watch is backed up in the Gear app getting up and running again whilst tedious is a great way of clearing out bugs. When I get red icon of doom closing and opening app and flicking back and forth through different windows within the app does seem to get things moving and eventually the bluetooth will work, by no means an ideal solution and not going to work for newbies as theyā€™ll probably abandon the app before they get time to find how how good it really is

Same happened to me today.

Hi.
Been successfully using the Facer app on my Gear S3 for months now - until the latest firmware update.
I have been having the same issues and tried uninstalling then reinstalling the apps with no success.
My issue was on the Facer app, there was a red watch face where it was normally blue to allow it to be installed on the watch.
Just tried the advise from Gavin from Facer about the bluetooth on/off and restarting watch and this worked perfectly for me.
Thank you for the help.

2 Likes

Phone :- iPhone 7 Plus
Samsung Gear s3
Tizen version 3.0.0.1

I updated my watch today to version 3.0 and before updatingā€¦ facer used to work perfectly on my watch but after updating to tizen 3.0 itā€™s not workingā€¦im able to sync watchfaces to my watch but the problem is that the Watch face doesnā€™t remain constantā€¦after 5 minutes the watchface changes automatically from facer to default Watch faceā€¦I tried all the steps which are mentioned such as reinstalled the app turned off Bluetooth and then turned on and I even did a reset on my watch but nothing workedā€¦I hope someone will b able to solve dis problem

Thank u

1 Like

I have tried all of the above mentioned techniques and still, nothing but crap. Facer just crashes even with the basic default face during orientation. Just taping to refresh the daily mix causes Facer to force close and reset. I have no problems with WatchMaker, so I might have to abandon Facer all together because of it not working.

Gear S2 3G info
Model: SM-R730V
Hardware: R730V.03
Tinzen Version: 2.3.2.2
Software Version: R730VVRU3CQH2

Facer Phone Version: 4.3.1_4467
Facer Gear Version: 4.2.1

1 Like

@segordon2424 If you are still having trouble after the steps above, please send a description to our customer support team: facer-support@little-labs.com

@ankitpuj have you tried syncing while only WiFi is on? Turn off bluetooth on the device, make sure you are connected to Wifi with your watch, and try again.

Gear s3 frontier with latest tizen update.
Note 5 5.1.1

Hi. Iā€™ve already done reset to my watch and reinstalled the app companion. It works ok. This morning it crushed and went back to samsungā€™s standard face. I choosed facer again and havent got any problem again. On thing ive realized is that some faces keep the aod face but not all of them. Some just turn of as if this option wasnā€™t on, even if it is. Really weird. Im sure we need a new update from facer for the new tizen os.

2 Likes

@ankitpuj That issue is being discussed on this other thread (please continue there): [BUG] S3 Frontier with S8 - Facer Auto Reverts to Preloaded Watch Face

Hi Gavin same problem as being reported in several threads within the community: @Facer_Official, there seems to be a bug resulting from recent updates, Iā€™m using the latest everything:
Tizen 3.0.0.1
Facer App: 4.3.1_4467-(4467)
Facer Companion: 4.2.1
Phone: One+5 running Oxygen OS version 4.5.14

Iā€™m now unable to sync facer from the phone app, sync button is permanently red, tried bluetooth off/on, both phone and watch, watch and phone reboot, even updated and factory reset the watch with no success. Push back in the community, people are becoming increasing frustrated, Iā€™m invested but others will give up, please help

tried all of the above still does not work

@scazman, @Facer_Official if you donā€™t mind please can you confirm if your facer connection is still stable and if so please let us know your configuration, app and companion app version, phone etc, thanks in advance

Hi @hayden.
I can confirm that my Facer connection is still working perfectly - is hasnā€™t dropped out since my post a few days ago (hopefully this hasnā€™t ā€˜jinxedā€™ itā€¦!)
My details are -
Gear S3 Frontier - Tizen version = 3.0.0.1
Galaxy Note 5 (running Android 7.0) - Facer App version 4.3.1_4467
Gear S plugin app version - 2.2.03.17111051
Watch face is ā€˜Simple Modern Greenā€™ by Stefano Alegnini
As I mentioned in my post, it was only by doing the bluetooth procedure that I was able to sync the Facer app.
Hope this helps.
Cheers

thanks for quick response

No worries @hayden .
I am trying to find any other version numbers for you -
The Samsung Gear version is 2.2.17082261.
I canā€™t see where the Facer companion version number is without delving too deeply and I donā€™t want to risk changing anything if itā€™s working.
If itā€™s simple, then let me know how to get it and Iā€™ll delve deeper.

@scazman OK thanks, agree, if youā€™re setup is working donā€™t tinker. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll find a solution, cheers

@hayden.
Just done some more digging for you and I have discovered that even though I have synced my watch face, that the same face that I have installed and ā€˜favouritedā€™ in the Facer app is now ā€˜redā€™ ie it probably wouldnā€™t re-sync to the gear app. I am not un-syncing it, though as itā€™s currently installed on on the Gear S3 ok.
Also, I have clicked on a few faces at random on Facer app and they all seem to be red, too.
I obviously havenā€™t tried the bluetooth trick again to get a new face as I am happy with the one I have, but it would seem that the blue sync button still might be an issue (I hope you can follow this).

@scazman, yes thatā€™s exactly my problem too

Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any more ideas to help, but best of luck getting it sorted.