Can't get Stopwatch tags to work

I am trying to design a watch face that shows the stopwatch time, but only if the stopwatch is running.

I am assuming that #SWISRUNNING# refers to the built-in Android Wear stopwatch, which is a separate app. If you start the app, it continues running in the background. I interpreted this tag to be a boolean telling whether that stopwatch is running–not whether the app is active, but whether the stopwatch has actually been started and is keeping time. I have set up a watch face that includes an object that shows the time from the stopwatch:

#SWEH#:#SWEM#:#SWES#.#SWEMS#

It has a transparency condition of

$#SWISRUNNING#?100:0$

However, this object is shown even if the stopwatch is not running. And when the stopwatch is running, the stopwatch time display does not update. It always shows

0.0:0.0:0.0.0

no matter what.

Am I misinterpreting how to use these values, or is it just broken?

As far as i know StopwatchFunctionality is only in preparation but not yet usable. Maybe in the next Facer Creator Version? We are all waiting for this feature.

Thanks for your response. I am just starting with Facer in the last week or so and if it’s not in the documentation, I don’t know it :slight_smile: I suppose that I’ll absorb things from the air as I get into more community discussions.

1 Like