Design Question - Whats better?

Hey there everyone,

Im just developing my 2nd face and wondered whats better?

More layers
or
Larger layers

Case in point; Calendar dates there are potentially 31 days in the month…either 31 layers which overlay each other with a visibility setting
or
1 layer which stretches “outside” the watch face and moves up or down to make the correct day visible?

Just wondering

Ta

Usually one layer that “stretches” (or rotates or slides or whatever behind the scenes) so that the correct date appears perhaps in a window or aperture of some sort.

-john

Neither appear to give the required results

Effectively creating many layers:
Setting the visibility or position based on a value to show/hide - Works in the Designer Showcase but not when exported to the watch

Creating one layer (which would still rely on moving the layer to show/hide the desired value) as jmoerga106 suggestion

Didnt even get past the first stage as when I import the layer into the designer, it shrinks the whole thing to fit the canvas.
When I expand to it back up to its desired size in the designer, it has lost its original resolution and makes the elements look wooly and horrid, ultimately unsusable

Any suggestions??

Thanks

you need to import as a multiple of the 320x320 creator size. For instance your original needs to be 640x640, 960x960, etc. The creator will always resize to a number smaller than the 320 size.

Which is what Ive done in my first example
Ive created 31 date elements , 10 x Watch battery elements and 10 x Phone battery elements
However regardless of using visibility or position they dont appear to work once on the watch…but they do in the Showcase mode on the designer :confused:

Im guessing this is too do with the amount of code required