Facer Companion 4.2.5 available in the Galaxy App Store

Hi all!

Facer Companion 4.2.5 is now available in the Galaxy App Store for Samsung Gear S2/S3/Sport watches. The goal of this release is to improve the stability of Facer on watches running Tizen 3.0.0, and optimize battery usage.

If you are have a Samsung watch and have been having issues with Facer not staying as your watch face and resetting to a default Samsung face, please update to this 4.2.5 version an let us know if things are better.

If you are still having issues, please reply to this thread with the following information:

• Which exact model of watch do you wear. Specifically, please make sure to indicate if it’s a 3G/LTE model.
  • Which software version of Tizen you are running. You should be able find this info in the settings of your watch.
  • Which watch face you saw the reset happen on. If you could provide either the full name, or even better the facer.io link, that’d be great!
  • The circumstances in which the reset happened:
  • Did it happen immediately? After a few hours? the morning when you took your watch off the charger?
  • How many faces did you sync before it happened?
  • Any other info you think might be relevant, or patterns you noticed

Note that we are actively working on this issue as we speak, and that the Samsung staff is also involved to make sure Facer is available and stable for all users ASAP.

Thank you!
The Facer crew

I have it now, so far so good!

1 Like

Failed/went to default within moments. Will keep trying.

Updated to 4.2.5 on Galaxy Gear 3 SM-R760 (Reinstalled)
Tizen v. 3.0.0.1
Soft: R760XXU2CQL1
Knox 2.2.0
KTW SDK: 2.2.0
SE for Tizen 1.0.0
TIMA: 3.0.0
RAM: 225.4
Batt: 95%
Storage: 1.2GB Free
Resets on custom watch I made pre-TZ30
Reset to default after first timeout.
First watch face I set to after one I found on Samsung app
Personal Watch Link: Facer - Thousands of FREE watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more
I only made two watchfaces under this profile.
Watch is set to Always On
No other watch apps installed, super vanilla.
Did not try the Dimmable option as this shouldn’t have to be used to induce this problem.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the report! Very odd that it resets so quickly! Can you try the following:

1. Set a default/stock samsung watch face
  2. Reboot your watch
  3. Set Facer as your watch face
  4. If not already the case, set Blackjack - Division Simple Blackjack - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer as your selection

Let us know if that still crashes immediately.

If that is still an issue, can you try another watch face and see if that also crashes? A good test could be this one: Max - Ultimate Color - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer. It was tested by our team to be stable on all S3 configurations on the latest build.

I have the same exact specs as @Blackjack same exact issue. I even tried what @Facer_Official mentioned in the post after without any luck.

Same issue as before.

Gear S3 classic SM-R770 (none LTE)
Tizen 3.0.0.1
Facer companion 4.2.5.5 (classic setting)
Personal Watchface cjbolt - Omega Speedmaster - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
Happend after 5 hours in standalone mode (bluetooth on watch on, BT on phone off)
Wifi Automatic/Not connected
NFC Off
AON mode ON
2.43GB/4/GB available
Watch was fully reset and new install from facer companion 4.2.5.5
no other apps installed

BTW I just successfully downgraded my firmware to Tizen 2.3.2.3
Here are the instructions (careful not to brick your device make sure you have the right firmware!!):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gear-s3/how-to/rom-samsung-gear-s3-classic-sm-r770-t3646789

I’ll try Tizen 3.0 again when there is a stable solution.

Here also the same issue as before…watchface changes within minutes to the default watchface :frowning:

Gear S3 classic SM-R770 (none LTE)
Tizen 3.0.0.1
Tizen v. 3.0.0.1
Knox 2.2.0
SE for Tizen 1.0.0
Batt: 40%
Storage: 1.81GB Free
Facer companion 4.2.5.5
Happend within minutes in remote-connection mode (bluetooth on watch on, BT on phone off)
Wifi Automatic/Connected
NFC On
AON mode ON

@CeeJay What about s3 frontier ?

Looked promising, but back to same issues as before.

A few times now, and as before, when I flip my wrist up to activate the screen I see the Facer logo and then the “optimizing watch face” message. Still reverts to default watch face too after a few hours.

Watch rebooted and all other suggestions tried, really annoying as I love my custom face!

Would it be possible to introduce some basic logging under the triple tap menu or something to track this and narrow down the cause? Have your dev team got these watches and are they able to replicate the issues?

4.2.5_ios
Model: Non LTE
Tizen: 3.0.0.1 R760XXU2CQL1
Face: Harley - Omnitrix (Basic) - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

Turn on the location on the watch and the issue 3 disappear

Thanks, ill try this today and report back

This not the better solution, the battery drain very fast, but the issue #3 disappear.

@plamas @Facer_Official

This works, face hasn’t gone back to default now since. I actually briefly saw “Location” on the screen just before my watch face was shown after flipping up my wrist up which certainly shows something is going on with location.

I have an Lg watch urbane without lte. since the last upgrade watch shuffle stop working. I manually set the face and when i activate the shuffle mode on phone i.e. after one hour, face does not change. on my watch is displayed only the facer logo and “powered from facer”. so sad for this. never had this problem before. i have unistalled from phone and from watch and reinstalled. please solve it. thank you.

Failed/went to default within moments. Will keep trying.

Updated to 4.2.5 on Galaxy Gear S3 Frontier SM-R760 (Reinstalled)
Tizen v. 3.0.0.1
Knox 2.2.0
SE for Tizen 1.0.0
RAM: 283.3
Batt: 76%
Storage: 2.80 GB Free

1 Like

@prosun.mozumder

Try turning on Location on the watch, this seems to stop the watch reverting to the default face.

Mine hasn’t gone back since.

1 Like

Hi Harley, Thanks a lot! I have applied ur solution & till now it is working fine… :slight_smile:

How is the battery with location turned on? Also did you try it in standalone mode?