Facer Tizen 4.2.8 is now available on the Galaxy Apps store

Hi all!

Facer Tizen 4.2.8 is now available on the Samsung Galaxy App store. This release features a fix for a bug on the Gear S2 where the watch face wouldn’t update on wake when ‘always on’ mode was disabled.

For Android users: http://galxy.us/facer
For iOS users: http://galxy.us/facerios

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are currently running Facer Tizen 4.2.6 or lower, you will need to uninstall the previous version before downloading the 4.2.8 update. To uninstall, long press on your watch face, and tap the “-” button next to the Facer icon.

Here’s the changelog:

Critical Fixes:

• Fixed the “frozen watch face” issue on Gear S2 where the watch face wouldn’t update on wake when ‘always on’ mode was disabled

Thanks again!

The Facer Crew

Watch faces will not sync with watch after updating to version 4.2.8 on watch. Have already tried all methods listed on the help page. Button stays red no matter what. This is on the Gear S3 classic.

2 Likes

I’ve a Gear s3 and galaxy s6 (both have facer updated) AOD is not working well, display turns black too often. And weather doesnt refresh at all, it only refreshes when open the facer app on my phone.

The problem with phone battery levels seems to be solved! :slight_smile:

Hi there, I can’t seem to download this from the Galaxy App Store. I’m getting the ‘Product does not exist in this store’ error. I live in the UK and I have a gear s2 classic. Is there anyway how I can get this installed?

Hi! Can you check which version of Tizen you have?
See Where can I find my Tizen version? – How can we help?

Hi there, thank you for getting back to me. With yoi asking what version of Tizon I was on, I checked and I wasn’t on the latest version (for some reason it didnt display version number in the UK, only software version). I’ve updated the watch and I’ve managed to download and install facer companion now!

Many thanks again for the inspiration :blush:

Great! The minimum Tizen version required for Facer is 2.3.2 indeed!
Enjoy Facer!