Feature request: Tag for indicating the user's hour preference

Hi,

A very useful feature for making great localized watch faces would be a tag indicating the user’s hours preference.
For example: #DHF# would return either 12 or 24.

Thx,
Svensei38

@sven.billiau_facer,
there is a tag that automatically reads the users pref

Hi jmorga106,

I know the #Db# tag very well, but that tag can’t tell me if I have to hide the AM/PM indicator when the user prefers 24-hour format. Right?

Greetz,
Svensei38

@Facer_Official

I have a request from @Sammyh25 via a comment on my watch face to actually implement this.
Have you considered implementing this tag? Any kind of response would be appreciated.

Kind regards,
Svensei38

Any solution should BOTH support the designer to determine the user preferences AND determine whether the design (as published) supports all or only specific variants.

As I commented here:

I am working on a possible solution …

@Svensei38,
Can’t you hide the am/pm indicator if #Db# is greater than 12? If the user has 12hr mode set Db value will never hit 13. However if 24hr mode is set Db will run up to 23

John

@jmorga106,

The #Db# will return between 1 and 12 between 1AM until 12PM in both 12-hour format and 24-hour format.
You can’t see the difference during that time of day, so half of the day you know the user’s preference, the other half you don’t. Do I hide it between 1AM and 12PM, or do I show AM/PM?

12AM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: false :white_check_mark:
1AM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: true :question:
2AM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: true :question:

11AM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: true :question:
12PM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: true :question:
1PM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: false :white_check_mark:
2PM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: false :white_check_mark:

10PM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: false :white_check_mark:
11PM #DH#==#Db# :arrow_right: false :white_check_mark:

Svensei38