[FIXED] Step counter not working on WearOS watches

Doesn’t seem to work for my watch faces, the only thing I can change is 12/24h - How can I change my watch face to use “Google complications”? Please help, without step count, facer is completely useless for me and I’m stuck with stock watch faces again :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. My ticket # is 33829. Thanks!

Well i can tell you that the workaround is not working, for instance with the odin watchface if i change one of the complications to google fit steps its still shows 0. So hopefuly a fix will get here soon

2 Likes

add on, when you are in the setup mode you see the actual steps, when exiting from setup the counter shows 0

I’m new to this but I had this issue on every single Facer Face I used. I read somewhere that doing a factory reset on the watch would work. I was hesitant but tried it after trying everything else and it worked. I also uninstalled the Wear OS app from my phone and reinstalled it. For what it’s worth…

1 Like

Hi @Facer_Official - any word on a fix for ticket #33829, temp bug showing ? instead of a minus?

If you need any more info, please let me know. Thx

@muddywaters will check on the status of this

1 Like

@Facer_Official This issue has gone a week with no official response. Please update the thread with your progress. This is a big deal to not have step counts showing on WearOS devices. WearOS is one of the major platforms and should put this as high priority. This affects users and designers alike.

5 Likes

Very well said!:blush:

@bryandentonsr @srvivor69 - we appreciate your feedback and I can assure you this is issue #1 for the team here and that WearOS is a top priority for us. Because the issue is related to a WearOS / Google Fit update, we have to work closely with Google to solve the issue and it is likely to require a fix on their side. If this isn’t solved by next week, we’ll provide an alternative data source for the step count as a temporary solution. Another option is to use faces with WearOS complications as these are receiving Google Fit steps data properly:

Free faces: Fun with WearOS complications - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
Premium faces: Android Wear 2.0 Complications - watch faces for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

Thanks for your patience!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply@Facer_Official😊As much as I try to be understanding,as we all know that sometimes things just"happen",it is just very frustrating,not only because of the Facer faces that have been purchased by myself as well as countless others&if I am reading this correctly,we as a Facer community,can use certain faces with a few" limits&rules"until Google figures this out.Well I,as well as others I am sure have tried those"work around"options with ZERO success.I don’t know if it’s something I am doing/not doing on my end or what but@this point,my Fossil watch I got for Christmas,I can no longer wear until this hiccup is resolved.I believe it was suggested by a community member to do a hard reset on the smartwatch itself(which I haven’t done because I don’t want to lose all my stuff in my watch)&I believe the next step suggested was to uninstall&try reinstalling the Facer app itself.I do appreciate all the effort you all are putting forth here on this issue.PLEASE,I know you folks are super busy,but I think that if we as a Facer community could be updated more frequently,especially regarding this issue since it seems to be a really large hiccup here on someone’s end,just not the consumers I really believe it would@the very least let us as a Facer community know that we aren’t being forgotten.Thank you for the hard work&dedication from all the folks@Facer it is appreciated much.

Hi @srvivor69 - sorry to hear the workaround by using Google Fit complications isn’t working for you. Can you try the following:

1. Sync one of the free WearOS complication watch face to your watch, for instance this one: John Morga - Geological - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer
  2. Triple tap on your watch face screen to access the Facer picker
  3. Tap on the EDIT button below the watch face
  4. Tap on the complication circled in white in the middle of the face preview to change it
  5. In the list of options displayed here, go to Fit, then Stats, then Steps
  6. Click on the back button on your watch, or swipe the screen to go back to your watch face
  7. If everything went well, you should see the steps on your watch at that point.

Note that this only works on faces that support WearOS complications (like the 2 collections I linked above). If you’re having issues with any of the steps above, let me know and I can add screenshots to make it easier. Cheers!

2 Likes

For anyone unsure, the above worked for me on my Ticwatch Pro when using my most recent face that included a complication. Thank you for the work around in the meantime @Facer_Official!

@Facer_Official:Thank you for the reply😊I must be completely inept as I can’t get anything to work on my Fossil🤔I have tried the links you’ve provided&even looked up OS Complications on Google Play Store to no avail.Any further help you could provide would be greatly appreciated😊Thank you as well for all the work,time&effort you have put into this"snafuu"…

I’ve made all the sequence, and the suggested watch show step count, but when i use my own with #ZSC# still show 0… What tag are you using to show the correct value???

1 Like

Thanks for the message here about the steps not showing up, I was wondering what was wrong. Hope an engineer can correct it as having 0 on a watch face is annoying. I’ll standby for for the resolution. Thanks again.

1 Like

Thanks for making some watch faces available to us as a work-around for this issue. Very much appreciated. Here’s hoping that you are able to work with Google to get everything straightened away. Love your program!

1 Like

Hi all,

Thanks SO MUCH for your patience. I’m happy to report that our engineering team found a workaround which should make the step counter work for every face. The fix is being tested as we speak and should be available to to beta users and then worldwide in a matter of days. Stay tuned!

2 Likes

Well, it is not working… Yet… I am in the Beta Test program.

Hi @dfrangu - the fix will be included in Facer 5.1.5 which will roll out to beta later today. Thanks for your patience!

1 Like