[Help] How To Code A Non-Looping Animation

I have read a lot of animation tutorials and looked at faces with inspection enabled to try to figure this out to no avail. What I want to do is create a watch face of a flower blooming, but I do not want the image to loop. I would like the flower to open as your watch is activated out of dim mode, and then for the final image (fully open/bloomed flower) to remain static, until the watch goes dim again and is then reactivated from dim mode (at which time the animation will begin again).

If someone could help with what expression I would use (and maybe help me know how to change it depending on number of frames), I would truly appreciate it, as I do not quite understand some of these expressions on my own.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hey
First you have to base your expression on #DWE# to get elapsed time since watch wakes up.
To get a cinematic effect (animated) you need to have at least 10 images displayed in a second.
Let’s say your animation lasts 1 second from when the watch wakes up.
Import your 10 images in the creator,
the 1st one should have a transparency setting such as
$#DWE#<0.1?(#DWE#*1000):0$
If (time since watch woke up) is under 0.1 sec (1/10 of a second), the opacity rises from 0 to 100 %, otherwise opacity is 0.

The second image should have a transparency sets at
$#DWE#>=0.1&&#DWE#<.2?100:0$
if time is between 0.1 and 0.2, opacity is 100%, otherwise 0.

Third image should have
$#DWE#>=0.2&&#DWE#<.3?100:0$
and so on.

The last image should have
$#DWE#>=1?100:0$

in my example I used 10 images for 1 sec, but you can use 15 images during 2 seconds = 30 images total
in that case the intervals would be of 0.06 (1/15) instead of 0.1 and the last image will display if #DWE# is bigger than 2.

Hope that helps.
Be careful, the more images, the harder it is to maintain and the longer it gets to export.
But the more images, the more seamless, the blooming will seem.

1 Like

This is the one you are looking for: https://news.facer.io/long-duration-animations-77619ae7ad59

1 Like

I’ve got it finished now thanks to everybody!

2 Likes