How do you create watch faces?

Ok. I’m at work now but when I get home I’ll take some shots of it an post them for you. Thank you so much for all your help.

1 Like

You´re welcome. All the designers here are a crazy loveable bunch of individualists. :wink:

Try to get a picture-resolution above 1280x1280 pixel, this will be a sharper image and we can downsize it later.

The picture itself should be as straight-on, as possible, like @jmorga106 already said.

Its not that easy to take photos from watches without mirror effects on the glass …

The hour hands in different positions help us to restore the areas beneath them. The Stührling-Branding seems to be in the glass itself but it is possible to reproduce that.

1 Like

You guys are awesome. When I get off work I’ll take some pics and get them to you as soon as I can. Like I said I’d be willing to pay you for your time.

1 Like

not necessary @chadwgraves37 . also, we clearly understand the sentimental value and please accept the community’s condolences for your loss. You’ve maybe seen several threads concerning copyright infringement. Whoever is putting the face together should make the ever slightest changes to make the face your own design. Leaving the Stührling brandname off it and perhaps just slightly changing the hands (or color the hands) would do it I would think.

-john

2 Likes

I understand the copyright issue and that would be fine. I’d hate to see anyone get in trouble on my account. I sincerely appreciate all you alls time in helping with thus matter.

1 Like

Yes - it would really be better to do some slight changes on the watchface, the brand name and the Hands.

And don´t worry - i will look very similar…

Hmmmm …I have an idea …

What was the name of your wife? Maybe we can use it as brand-name. Then the watch face is very unique and a wonderful special Memory for you…

1 Like

That’s an amazing idea. Her name is Amanda Beatrice Graves

1 Like

I would call it „Amanda“, a very nice name.

1 Like

How do I add photos to this post. I have some of the watch.

1 Like

:wink:

2 Likes

Maybe you should insert the photos from PC/Laptop and not from the smartphone?

1 Like

Ok. I’ll give that a try. Thanks guys. You are awesome

2 Likes

Nice work.

No.5 seems to be usable, some of the others are to orange.

I will test later when i am home from work.

1 Like

The orange might be from the cloth that comes with it. I sat it on their for some of the pics. I can take more if need be. Thank you so much.

1 Like

I will test the current pictures later but more to choose from would certainly be good…

Best would be a neutral ambient light.

1 Like

Ok. I tested the pictures. Nr. 5 is definitly the best one. It has good illumination, is sharp, has not much mirror or bad lighting effects…

…but it is not full frontal.

Its absolute neccessary to get the watch orthogonal to the camera, otherwise the center of the watch with the hand is not in the middle of the watch face. It would be very difficult to correct this with photoshop.

Could you try some other ones at the same place with the same lighting, trying to get it centered and frontal?

1 Like

Here is an example that shows the problem.

As you can see, its not centered. I think, you took the shot slightly from above.

I know, that it is difficult to get it all centered, i do a lot hobby photography.

2 Likes

Yes I did take the shots from above. I’ll try with the watch hanging and see if I can get something more centered. I’ll try a handful if different ways and see what I can come up with.

2 Likes

Fine.

1 Like

1 Like