How do you create watch faces?

Let me know how those work. I’m not a great photographer so I’m praying one will pass. You are prolly tired of me saying this but thank you so much for what you are doing. I tell anyone with a smart watch to check out Facer and look for the watch faces made by GAUSS.

1 Like

Lol. Too much honour…

I will check later, i am at work now. (Living in a different timezone.)

1 Like

Would it possibly help to utilize a flatbed scanner and place the watch facedown?

It might be too bright but you could possibly use it to get the general shape outlines and then adjust the colors from the other photos?

1 Like

The idea is not bad… but i don‘t know what che wandering light of a scanner will do with the extrem shiny surfaces.

1 Like

Hmmmmmmm … how should i say …

There is one of the picture that is centered very good but this one has other issues…

The image quality is not that good it isn´t very sharp, the colurs don´t represent the watch and the picture was way to dark.

Even with all tricks this result was all that i could get - and i my opionion we can go better than that:

This was the original picture:

1 Like

Okay - so a few more photographic tips:

1. Object must be centered and absolutly frontal to the camera.
  2. The surrounding llumination must be bright enough and some sort of diffuse (best would be a photobox but i don´t think you have one.) Brighter pictures are sharper and have more details.
  3. Avoid reflections and brightness gradients.
  4. The light colour should match - most of the pictures are not white balanced. If you have a cloudy day without direct sunlight you should try to make the pictures outside.
  5. The surrounding background should not have colours because of the reflections on the shiny metal. (The first picture example was far better illuminated.)

I know, this is a lot of input and not easy to achieve …

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I’m gonna try to take a shot outside cause it is a cloudy day today. I’ll send you whst I come up with. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 Like

1 Like

Well - we have time, don´t we? :slight_smile:

If you don´t get tired in photographing …

:slight_smile:

This time, the illumination was the problem…

You need to get that beautiful shiny silver look. One of the first batch was perfect (only decentered)

Let´s look at the difference.

This looks nice and will do nice on a watch face:

This one (the best of the last group of pictures) is perfectly centered but not that good illuminated:

See the difference?

I don´t know, what you did with the first one nor under which conditions you took the photo, but you should retry this situation…

1 Like

I can see the difference. The first pic “pops” and has a crisper look then the other. I might give it ago with a regular camera this time. Thanks for your patience. I’ll see what I can come up with next

1 Like

Fine.

Can´t wait to see the results.

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Well …

I know, i am a perfectionist …

I think, we should give it a few more tries… This is not the silver effect i am thinking of.

You deserve a wonderful memory and only the best. I know, that it is very difficult to achieve. There are so many parameters when you place the watch and take the photos. When i do model-fotoshootings, sometimes i make about hundreds of shots until i find the really awesome Pic.

Maybe you shouldn´t place the watch totally on the back. The light should com a little bit from above and the whole metal should shine. This silver look is the special attitude of that watch face.

Greetings, Phantasico

1 Like

Ok. I’ll give it another go with some different angles and positions. And different lighting. I appreciate you giving up your valuable time to deal with this. You are a wonderful human being and I hope there is some way to repay your efforts. Thank you Phantasico

1 Like

Here are a few but I’m thinking they have to much glare on them.

This is a stock image I came across

1 Like

Well, this is straight and professional illuminated - but the image quality isn‘t that good