How do you create watch faces?

Could this work?

Specifically using a repair video for seeing internal parts? I’d imagine they use some similar parts among lines?

This looked like the one requested.

2 Likes

…and here we are :wink:

Please let me know @GAUSS in the case I forgot some another moving important parts :wink:

Thanks a lot!

I will do … at the moment i am fine…

:slight_smile:

@GAUSS, @Tomas, @chadwgraves37,
Here’s that “pretzel” cover plate over the Sun and moon. so we can spin the disc throughout the day.

If you guys like, we can spin the disk only during the sunrise and sunset hour (dawn/dusk). I did this with two copies of the same disk - one with sun up and one with moon up.
Sun up:

Rotation:
$(#DH#)>=(#WRH#)&&(#DH#+1)<=(#WSH#)?0:(#DWFMS#/2)$
Transparency:
$(#DH#)>=(#WRH#)&&(#DH#)<=(#WSH#)?100:0$

and Moon up:

Rotation:
$(#DH#)>(#WSH#)||(#DH#+1)<(#WRH#)?0:(#DWFMS#/2)$
Transparency:
$(#DH#)>(#WSH#)||(#DH#)<(#WRH#)?100:0$

This is how it works on my Explorer. Spin the time and see if you like it this way. I know @Tomas has done a bunch of this stuff too. …or just let the one layer roll 24-hours - either way.

Only dawn/dust roll on my Explorer:

Or continuous 24-hour roll on my Sun & Moon:

-john

3 Likes

Once again I am totally speechless. You gentlemen are all so amazing. The more progress I see of your wonderful work the more emotional it makes me. Thank you all so much.

1 Like

Yes! Thats it. I only imagine if we should give the Sun/Moon Dial a little more 3D-Look?

…here you are! (I mean “Here you are! ;)”)

Can’t wait to see all part together :wink:

Lol! You can read my mind, can´t you?

You can’t wait?? I’m so anxious I can’t sit still. You alls work is so amazing. This should be voted the watch face of the year!!!

2 Likes

Hi, today i had to work again on our turtle house. Its base is 40cm below earth and 30 above, i had to mix 400kg concrete and set it in place.

Tomorrow i will go on with the watch.

Have a nice time alltogether.

That’s alot of work. Please don’t worry about the watch. Get some rest. Your turtle friends are priority #1. Once again thank you for all your hard work.

Ok - First Blood…

This is a preview of the work progress so far …

@jmorga106:

At first i used the 24 hour mode at the sun/moon dial but i will try to add your version later - sounds better for me.

Still some more work left to do but we are on a good way.

1 Like

…it looks great so far! Especially the movements. After adding the rest & shadows, this watch face will looks even better than original :wink:

Here I just prepared some alternative gears for the high speed rotation.

But, there is still a lot to do. You are fantastic @GAUSS !

PS: Still no feedback from Stührling Headquarters (however ist only a second day).

1 Like

Wow. It looks amazing. You gentleman are so magnificent!!! I’m so touched by all this. Seeing that brought tears to my eyes.

1 Like

Ok …

Need some help now.

How can i establish the dual time hour?

Hi everybody!

I’m new to the community and I have a simple question: does anyone knows how to make this face?
It’s not to complicated: the seconds and minutes hands on the chronograph (the pointy hand and the arrow hand) run on top of the time hands and have start/stop and flyback functions.
And that’s all, it does not have any more complications.

Can anyone help?

I can help you @joao.rbanza
Send me a request with a private message and we will discuss options.

Puh…

Okay …

The normal mode is ready, only DIM-Mode left to do.

What do you all think?

Is there something we can do better?

What about the skin at the transparent areas? Is it okay or should we do something else?

BTW: Thanks to all of you that helped at this very special project so far!

Greetings,

Phantasico aka GAUSS

6 Likes

I’m sorry Mellin, I’m new to this, I still don’t know how to send private messages.

Looks great @GAUSS!

A couple things I noticed on my Huawei 2:

• The “white” along the oustide bottom edge (I’m presuming from glare) looks a little odd
  • the “Amanda” could be stronger.

Truly amazing everyone!!! :thumbsup:

1 Like