How do you create watch faces?

First of all - EXCELLENT JOB! It looks AMAZING!

What could helps to reach an even more realistic look, could be a stronger (blur) shadow under some of your layers (I do not know how exactly the are in position) as well some shadows under bigger more visible gears.

But whenn I look at the moving watch complex again - IT’S JUST PERFECTLY WONDERFUL!

I hope, Chad @chadwgraves37 ,you like it too :wink: .

4 Likes

@jazzbassNick you are reading my thoughts. I already prepared a new cover with stronger and better readable “AMANDA”.

As @jmorga106 mentioned I took the company name down (until we get the official OK from their headquarters) to be on the safe side.

2 Likes

Hi @joao.rbanza … here at this website you could find the button :wink:

Wow! Sorry it has taken so long to respond. I’ve been staring at the beautiful watch face for the last 30 minutes holding back tears. It is absolutely amazing.

2 Likes

Thanks Tomas, I guess I’m a bit tired today :wink:

Okay…

I tried to adapt all of your wishes/suggestions.

• Increased Shadow Depth on multiple layer structures
  • Changed Brightness/Contrast on the skeleton-Background,
  • Added Shadows to multiple gears.
  • Made “Amanda”-Logo larger and more Bold
  • Added Shadow-Layer to the Texts.
  • Darkend the white area below a little bit ( but i want to keep that shiny look)

In my opinion all changes were a good improvement - it now has a much more 3D-Look

What do you think, @chadwgraves37? Does it looks close to the original now?

But i still have a problem with the dual hour hand… Has anyone a nice code to get it about a few hours more or less?

4 Likes

Its absolutely beautiful. I don’t know what to say…

Hi @GAUSS, you are doing great job!

Due to the dual time let simple add some more degrees to the hour rotation… e. g 6 hours more

(“hour rotation” + ( 6 * (360 /12)))

I am not at my desktop computer right now, but it should work.

@chadwgraves37 what time do you wish as your second time? :wink:

1 Like

Wow – really taking shape! Really amazing!

@GAUSS, I like the darkening of the white. I agree the shine is important, but, at least on my watch, it was too pronounced. Now it looks much more natural. Very well done!

RE: the code for the 2nd hour hand, maybe calculate it off of #DhoT#, or something?
Keep up the great work. Truly admirable of all!

EDIT: doh! @Tomas replied at the same time :wink:

1 Like

5pm would be good

Thanks a lot to all of you.

I truly take critics/suggestions always positive. I know that i am not perfect (even if i always try :slight_smile: ) and this watch was a challenge.

But it was not only my work, the tribute goes to all of you and i am very proud to be part of this wonderful Facer community.

I embedded the code for the dual time already, very much thanks. If you like to have an other hour difference, please contact me, @chadwgraves37.

Now i will do the dim-Mode and then we are ready.

@Tomas: I hope, Stührling will give their okay !

@jmorga106: I tried out your Sun/moon Dial but the constantly rotating one looks better to me…

1 Like

That means +5h??

Absolutely tremendous group of people. I’ve never been part of a forum like this. Where everyone willingy gives their time and effort to help others. And the brilliance and design mastery you have all brought to this. I was so overwhelmed with emotion after seeing this today. You cannot begin to understand what this means to me. I only wish I could have helped more or that there was something I could do to show my gratitude. Thank you all for everything you have done from the bottom of my heart.

4 Likes

Your wonderful words are our reward and worth every second we spended on this Project.

I think i speak for all of us when i say it was a honour and a pleasure to help you keeping your valuable memories.

Here you can find the complete watch:

Thnaks to all of you in this outstanding community for your help to make this special Project happen.

I am proud of you!

Greetings,

GAUSS aka Phantasico

8 Likes

@joao.rbanza
I’ve already sent you one, now you just have to reply to it.

Thank you each and everyone from the bottom of my heart. I’ve shown it to my children and they love it!! They know how much the original means to me. This is such a tremendous work of art!!

4 Likes

Thank you very much!
Now, how do I see it?

Fair enough @GAUSS. Glad it worked out

John

1 Like

Hi Mellin, there’s nothing new on my inbox.
How do I get to see the face you sent me?

Only thing missing is a wrist selfie! Wrist Selfies - FACER Community