How to become a Premium Designer and sell your watch face designs on Facer

@jmorga106 Your post is extremely pretentious. SOME watchfaces made by premium designers SUCK ASS. As far as typo, style, colors, wearability globally… some are so ugly I want to puke in my own mouth instead of watching them run. Please consider that some ‘non-premium’ designer are also trying their best to compete with your excellence. I’m not speaking for myself, (because I don’t care about becoming a premium designer, i’m just doing it for fun when I got time), but don’t insult all the non-premium designers like that.

3 Likes

Well, thanks for the reply, but I feel it was quite beside the point. The point is they shouldn’t use the word “Premium” in two entirely different contexts. “Premium Designers” were there first, so the paid app should be called something like “Facer Ad-free” instead of “Facer Premium”.

But now that you’ve started the discussion on the subject of Premium Designers… I’m not ever going to become one, but I’d still love to use the Android Wear 2.0 Complications and other Premium Designer features on my watch faces. I’m throwing my money at the screen here, but Facer won’t take it. I find that a very bizarre business model: not giving people what they would be willing to pay for. They could save the monetization of the watch faces to the Premium Designers only, like it currently is. Call the new paid premium features “Facer Pro” or something like that. Facer Pro users could use the same features as Premium Designers, but couldn’t sell their watch faces, if that’s really the main concern Facer has.

4 Likes

@elv3n12,

I spoke only of the state of the market (any market) and the challenges of the competition from the other watch platform companies. I know only too well of the non-premium designers efforts to become a premium designer having lived through that period myself.

Dozens of users have asked how to get into the program and the guidelines are here in this thread. But I don’t think there has ever been a good answer as to why it is so difficult to get into the pool. I dont work for Little Labs and don’t claim to know the internal company reasons - I’m just stating an observation of the market (again, this is true of ANY market).

Still, your point is well-taken Sir. If you want me to remove my post, I’m happy to take it down. Just let me know.

John

1 Like

It seems, I’m the only one bothered by your earlier post. So, no, don’t remove anything. Who would I be for asking removal of one’s opinion ? It’s much more intelligent to discuss it.
I like your latest reply and think that its restraint shows more humility and encouragement for those who try hard.

2 Likes

It seems that Facer has arrived to the same conclusion, as the latest update rebrands “Facer Premium” to “Facer Plus”. :relaxed:

2 Likes

The Power of the community

3 Likes

Was this feature (the ability to see ‘Date Created’ added? I’d love to see when my design was first created (instead of just last edited as I regularly edit/refine them).

I’ve got a few faces over 3000 in 30 days now (one coming up on 9,000 in around 40 days) - I think it’s all about maintaining a social media presence and regularly releasing and editing your designs. Getting featured also really helps. Having said that, I haven’t been invited to be a premium designer :smiley: Might be because I’m comparatively new to Facer, or maybe they just haven’t stumbled onto my designs yet. Or perhaps there are criteria they look for besides syncs and featured designs? Who knows - It does seem really tough to become a premium designer, so I’ve got a tonne of respect for those who have done it!

Just got my 3rd watch face to hit 3,000 syncs in 30 days! Filled in the application - now hoping that the Facer team takes a look soon! I’ve got about 200 of my designs that I’m just WAITING to bring over from the Galaxy Apps store!

2 Likes

@roycaruso Did you manually file a request? The link was in the original post. Re-posting here for convenience:

I have, never heard back :smiley: Some error caused Facer emails to stop coming through at one point soon after I applied (so let me know if you emailed me at that time guys!). Otherwise I’m waiting to hear back :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmmm - Okay. That´s bad, @roycaruso.

Today a filed a request for the status “Premium designer”. I hope, they will answer. I already meet all the criterias - and more. But, even if the facer officials will not promote me, i will “keep on facin” a long, long time. I really must confess, that i have become addicted to it … :slight_smile: And you also, you crazy Designergirls and -guys, lol.

I love to play with design, with possibilities, to create unique little pieces of a modern form of art. I am proud on every single watch face i made, even if people don´t like them. I love to give my creativity form and colours, even life - with Autocad, with Photoshop and all usable programs. The way is the goal - and for me - a great pleasure.

Greetings, Phantasico aka “GAUSS”

3 Likes

Good luck! I’d be interested to see how long it takes to hear back (if it’s quick, I’ll file another request as I may have missed their response when their emails weren’t working). I too am here for the fun and the design though. If I become a premium designer, it’s a great bonus, but even if I don’t I will definitely keep tinkering and having fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@GAUSS & @roycaruso, when you do become premium, maybe occasionally make some free faces? I know you have worked your tails off to achieve this honor and you deserve to be paid for it. It just irks me when I see a simple face that I love that is $1.99. I understand charging for faces that are elegant, involve complex programming, etc. I’m willing to pay for those.

I’m just sayin…don’t let it go to your head!:european_castle:

@Facer_Official, promote these guys, wouldya? :ok_hand:

3 Likes

For sure there will be a lot of free watch faces. I earn enough money in my premiere job. This is pure hobby.

@jdim1093 I agree 100% and thanks, that means a lot! I’ll definitely keep that in mind if I ever get to premium status :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still waiting to hear back myself. Wondering whether or not they even bother responding now. But if they don’t I’m just going to remove the watch faces I already have up. No point in making them if I have to give them away.

@kamensektimepieces, @facer_official responded to at least one of my mentions from last week on other threads this morning. So, they are at least reading their mentions. Hopefully the mentions in this thread will help shine some light on it. It is possilble, however, that they are ignoring this thread because it was full of some negativity. Maybe a direct message or a help-desk type note might be better?

Don’t give up! Premium or not, it’s still fun and worth sharing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Possibly - I’ll keep pushing for a while and then re-apply first though :slight_smile: