[Idea] Date ↔︎ Temperature Format Correlation

Hi everybody!

Today I have a though problem I want to address.

Many faces (mine included) contain the current date in them, but as many people know in different parts of the world people write them differently.

For example, I’m from a European country “Poland” and here we generally use format: D/M/Y.
At the same time, I know that in many places people prefer format: M/D/Y.

My question is: Is there a correlation between date format and temperature scale in specific countries?
In my case, we use celsius scale and I’m wondering if in all countries that use celsius scale also use D/M/Y date format and vice-versa?

Feel free to correct me on how wrong my assumption is.

According to the Googles:

I’m in US and use M/D/Y for work. On my designs I’ve done various things. Normally I leave year off, but I’ve switched M-D interchangeably.

When it comes to the order of months and days it pretty much overlaps the scale usage map:

1 Like

My idea is to use preferred weather units tag: #WM# for changing the date format from D/M/Y for celsius into M/D/Y for Fahrenheit.

What do you think?

That could work. May cut some of the confusion. I’ve been trying to use the short text versions instead of numerals lately. That’s always a sure fire way to get the info across, but doesn’t always fit the design.

> #DE#, #DMMM# #DdL#

Who changed the title of my topic!?

Well that’s interesting. Looks like security is broken in the forum. I see an edit button for your thread.

Apparently it was @pacingpoet who edited my post.
Any word?

All - we’re looking into this. We suspect it’s a privilege that becomes granted to users automatically after a certain time. And based on the reactions here, it’s not something you guys want, so we’ll look into disabling it!

1 Like

I remember!
The “Regular” status.
I got it before I Became the Premium Designer too.

I’m not sure if I can call it something I don’t want…
It’s just that is started happening on a massive scale without any warning.

I gave Facer staff a heads up and started making edits that conform with Facer subreddit conventions - while preserving OP intent (Facer: the ultimate custom watchface for Android Wear). Do you guys like or dislike?
@Mellin @eradicator09 @angelodefensor

(I have on occasion contacted OPs, but only when there’s an issue like a watch face that’s gone missing.)

[Watchface]
[Collection]
[Feedback]
[Tutorial]
[RESOLVED]
[BUG]
[Help]
[Idea]
[Meta]

I’m fine with it as long as the content isn’t changed. It would be nice to be added a official Forum Moderator by Facer staff however. Then maybe I wouldn’t get all the notifications.

Considering that one of my questions was marked [RESOLVED] but had not been confirmed by me as having been the answer to my question, I would prefer that either the original poster do this, or moderators do it.