If Facer could launch/improve anything in 2017, what would it be?

All - already 20 replies for this! Thanks for all the feedback. We’re incorporating all of this into our roadmap and will do our best to make Facer even better in 2017. Please continue sharing any feedback you may have, we’re continuously monitoring this thread for new requests.

Happy New Year, Well I dropped my phone new years eve and I got the replacement last night.i had to go the reciepts page find each watch that I had bought and then hunt for them to re install them. Can you make it possible to reinstall them from the reciept page. Also can you make it easier to find out if given face is a part of a collection that is on sale and finally if we get a face that comes on sale in a collection can you refund the single purchase automajically?

It would be nice to have calendar items on the watch face.

Hi and tnx for creating such a great app.there are many good watch facese and good works.as i have a gear s3 unfortunetly the ambeint mode is not working the dim not showing or secound hand freezes…love to have an option to be able to choose from the ambient mode or full face.tnx again and keep up the good work.

Make all watch faces free, I had the first gear and all faces were free, too many people jumping on the bandwagon charging for them! Ripoff.

Somehow getting Facer to work between iOS and the S3 would be good. I know the Gear Manager software is only on beta on iOS, but I’d love to use Facer with my iPhone and I don’t want an Apple Watch.

2 Likes

I would like add full watch face in ambient mode

2 Likes

Make it easier to become a partner and charge for watch designs

1 Like

As a Tizen user, I believe that one of the most important improvements Facer could make, is to enable the “Dim” watchface on Gear devices.

At first I though this was a problem I was experiencing, but as I found out all Gear sers (with Tizen) have it. Support simply said that it wasn’t possible for Tizen, however, other apps such as WatchMaster that is also available for Andorid Wear, do enable multiple “Dim” modes, so it should be theoritacally possible.

Other than that; I guess just reliability across platforms for Complications (eg. activity counter)

I’m really enjoying Facer and how complete and flexible the creator is!

Keep the good work coming.

new to facer on Gear S3 (thank you for doing that!), however I have been experiencing very poor battery performance from facer on the Gear S3, and therefore am avoiding using it although would like to. I realize various faces may drive battery consumption based on elements displayed, ambient face, and perhaps # of widgets (e.g. data pulled), however overall I find battery performance to be far below what would be needed to use the app (vs. faces developed and running ‘natively’ on Tizen). Not sure if I’m the only one and something else is wrong or this is work still to be done. Happy to share any data from my watch that would help.

2 Likes

Definitely agree with this. Would love to be able to use animated gifs as backgrounds. I thought you could and tried but obviously it didn’t work.

1 Like

I also have an Gear S3 and the possibilities with Facer are incredible!
However, I would like to have one feature:
The color and the transparency of shapes should be modified by conditionals and/or variables.
I have not seen this feature.
And also it would be nice, if you could improve the drawing performance, since I’m trying to make one incredible watchface :smile: !

iPhone app that has gear s3 watch paces. The gear manager is already at the appsore.

3 Likes

Creation of new watchfaces on mobile devices?

Thank you for the great Facer software!
I tried the Gear Watch Designer and returned back to Facer :).

I’d like to propose a few items:

1. More tags:
  • Bluetooth and WiFi connection status;
  • Option to choose week number according various standards (there are more than one);
  • Number of unread sms-messages, e-mails (Gmail and other clients) and missed calls;
  • Weather forecast for today (if the “Day 1” forecast is for tomorrow);
  1. Interface related:
  • Possibility for smooth change of the font size (or I just didn’t find this option?);
  • Option to zoom to the editing watchface;
  • Maybe more icons for the weather conditions?

Happy New year (I hope this wish is not too late :slight_smile: .

3 Likes

Would love a tag to get the language setting of the phone… in order to display certain elements depending on it… (like the names of the day/month)…

For more complex designs, the ability to put layers into collapsible folders would be incredibly helpful.

2 Likes

the ability to find other watch maker page not only the ones you guys give us. i cant even find my own self

2 Likes

Love facer - it is brilliant, but I reckon a watch designer app, along similar lines to Samsungs gear watch designer would be a killer app.

Make widgets that could be re-used and tweaked - this would simplify design a lot.

it would also allow those with limited net access to design

add effects to all objects so watch hands, dials etc could glow

Add an easier way to do complex things with tags - eg have an attribute that defines the rotation span in an arc of 5 degree increments

Add an attribute to speed up the hand/make it go backwards etc

Add a font editor for digital time

It would be great if Facer could be used with Iphone and Fossil Q users. I have both and woud REALL LOVE to be able to use your app and website with my watch.

1 Like