At Facer we believe that the smartwatch is one of the most personal digital devices out there — and we’re obviously huge fans of being able to customize and supercharge the smartwatch to your heart’s content. Choice matters when it comes to your devices, and we’re proud to announce that Facer iOS now supports combinations of the iPhone with Android Wear and Samsung Gear watches!
While our Facer iOS application has been available for quite some time, it was previously exclusive to Apple Watch users. We love the Apple Watch, but we always miss the full customization and beautiful watch face designs available on Samsung and Android Wear watches. One of our top requests at Facer was to provide support to users who have an iPhone and one of these devices — and we’re excited to deliver.
How to Get Started
Ok ok, you’ve heard enough and you want to start syncing watch faces? Let’s get you started!
Install Facer on your iPhone and on your smartwatch:
* Install Facer on your iPhone: download Facer for iOS.
* Install Facer on your smartwatch: for Android Wear, go here, for Samsung Gear S2/S3 go here, or search for “Facer” in the Gear App Store.
Connect Facer iPhone to your smartwatch:
* Once you have these installed, just open Facer iOS and follow the instructions:
* Select your smartwatch type: Android Wear or Samsung Gear
* On your smartwatch, after having selected Facer as your watch face, tap 4 times on the screen to display your QR code
* Scan your QR code using the Facer app on your phone to connect the two together.
That’s it! You are now able to sync any of our thousands of free faces* to your Android Wear or Samsung Gear smartwatch. Not sure where to start? Have a look at our most popular faces!
~ The Facer crew
*Currently only our collection of free watches are available, but we’re working on supporting our entire collection in the near future, so stay tuned!