Looking for Animation Help W/ Horizontal Movement

I’m working on a face with an airplane moving across the screen.

This is what I have so far: (Thank you, Mellin)
x: (((((#Dsm#/12 - (floor(#Dsm#/12)))*12)/2)*160) - 0)

It works well except that I’d like to have the airplane image return to the screen sooner rather than being off-screen for so long. Is there a way to speed up its return?

Reminder: Highlight expression, and select ‘Preformatted text’ (or just use <Ctrl><Shift><C>) to show all ‘*’ and other characters.

Try with period: 1s (same as your current), 0.8s, and 0.6s

x: (((#DNOW#/1000)%2.5)*160)

x: (((#DNOW#/800)%2.5)*160)

x: (((#DNOW#/600)%2.5)*160)

3 Likes

Thank you!

Someone messaged me to say that the airplane is not animated. It works for me, so I don’t know what to tell him. Any suggestions for how I can fix this? Is the problem with my work or his watch?

Given the ‘speed’ of the plane, only minimum animation is needed.

Possible areas:

• smoke/exhaust, from engine;

• turbulence affecting banner;

• pattern / interference suggesting fast rotation for air-screw (it is not a propeller, as is does not propel the plane),

Advanced:

• change in apparent path / speed

• return direction, at higher altitude (and smaller)

• timing: non-fixed period, level of randomness, etc,

Thank you for the suggestions. I was aiming for a simple animation with horizontal movement only. That is because the women whom I design for are not as keen on detailed animations as the men are. I do not understand why the person who contacted me cannot see the plane moving.

Ok, thanks. I’ll save your info to try another time, and delete the face if anyone else has a problem using it.