Month and Battery hand rotation help please:

I need some help with two hand for my watch face design. I’ve looked through the help sections and the documentation sections, so please don’t post a link for that. :grinning:

I figured out how to make the battery rotate 180 degrees. But can figure out how to start and stop the hands in the location I need. (#BLN#*1.8) rotates it 180 degrees but 100% is at the 6 o’clock position and 0% is at 12. I want 100% at 9, rotate clockwise to 0% at 3.

Also, I need a month rotation at not quite 180 degrees. Counter clockwise rotation starting at not quite 12 and ending at around 6. I tried something similar to what I did with the DOW rotation with no luck.

$(#DOW#)==0?-5:(#DOW#)==1?29:(#DOW#)==2?52:(#DOW#)==3?85:(#DOW#)==4?115:(#DOW#)==5?140:(#DOW#)==6?177:0$

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @boyde23,
So first item is your BLN move. There two action changes here: (a) start at 9:00 instead of 6:00 and (b) sweep CW as the value drops instead of CCW. First tackle reversing the CCW movement and that is a simple subtraction from the max value. Since your sweep is 180 degrees, just subtract your BLN*1.8 from 180: (180-(#BLN#*1.8). Then just turn the whole mess to start 90 degrees before 12:00 (at 9:00) with a -90 added to the end.

((180-(#BLN# * 1.8))-90)

There is one caveat here. BLN does NOT start at zero. the “zero-state” for BLN is a dash. Since dash is not a number, the formula temporarily breaks at 0% battery and the hand points to 12:00. In truth though, who cares? The watch is dead and no one will see this quirky spot in the sweep anyway. However, the break is visible in the Creator where you can move the timeline to make the battery 0%, and in the widget if you accelerate the time to force the battery to cycle through 0%. I would consider it not something to worry about. You could try an equation in the rotation setting to condition out the zero state at 3:00 - I didn’t play with that.

MONTHS:
Your if… then… elseif… then… elseif… then… only works when the conditionals are single tests. Frankly, I’ve only ever gotten these long chains to work with one equals sign test each. So your need fits that mold. #DMM# is the tag you need, just follow along with the month number. You don’t have to worry about where the sweep will take place. You’re not really moving the pointer in short time, you’re just placing the hand (rotation) at fixed values with each month. I have an example below with each month at one of the twelve hour-marks starting with January at 12:00 (0 degrees), February at 1:00 (30 degrees), March at 2:00 (60 degrees), and so on… Just change your rotation points below (the degrees) to whatever you need for each month.

btw, those are NOT double-equals signs like your example.

$#DMM#=1?0:$$#DMM#=2?30:$$#DMM#=3?60:$$#DMM#=4?90:$$#DMM#=5?120:$$#DMM#=6?150:$$#DMM#=7?180:$$#DMM#=8?210:$$#DMM#=9?240:$$#DMM#=10?270:$$#DMM#=11?300:$$#DMM#=12?330:$

HTH,
John

Thank you @jmorga106 for the help. I will try your formula to see if I can make it work.

Out of curiosity, I stumbled into these formulas by shear accident (I was just messing around with different ideas), but it appears to working on the app. I haven’t pushed it to my device yet.

Do you think these will work?

Battery: ((#BLN#*-1.8)+92) this one is very similar to yours.

Month: ((((#DMYR#1.2))-0.5)+24) The hand somehow goes to exactly where I need it to go when advancing month to month.

Like I said. I completely fell into this and have no idea how I came to those formulas.

Jason

@boyde23,

((#BLN#*-1.8)+92) --> yup same idea just collapsing the 180-90 into just 90 and carrying the negative thru with the multiplication -1.8. Same results, just change 92 to 90 to be exactly the same.

((((#DMYR#1.2))-0.5)+24) --> sure, if it does what you need then great! #DMYR# by itself is already in degrees so not exactly sure what that formula is doing. that formula starts with January and goes all the way around the dial CCW, and August steps over January again and keeps going. #DMYR# just by itself does similar to what my long string does. January is 30 degrees, February is 60 degrees, March is 90 degrees and so on. So January starts in the 1:00 position, February 2:00, etc.

If you want the month pointer to be evenly spaced, then #DMYR# is a good method. If you want, the months in some kind of weird, out-of-sequence order, then you’ll need the long string to independently rotate your month hand to a new degrees value for each month.

HTH,
John

@jmorga106. Thanks again. Apparently my month graphic is evenly spaced (or close enough), so it mistakenly works out.

I appreciate the help and quick responses.

Jason