Moto 360 cannot use new versions of facer

So I recently dug up my old version 1 Moto360 and tried to reinstall facer on it. The watch face for facer did not show up after some googling this seemed to be a common problem after facer updated to 3.12 the various solutions of updating the watch and factory resetting it didn’t work and ive erased the app and reinstalled an older version (3.0.2) and facer finaly appeared on my watch however I could not log into the app as it would not connect to the internet. The Android Wear version my watch uses is 1.4 which is the latest version the Moto 360 v1 will get. I’m wondering if the facer app is simply too updated to support the old watch or Android Wear version.

And just to be clear I have tried every combination of factory resetting the watch and uninstalling the Android wear app and facer and using older versions of both apps. The only combination that worked wan the latest version of Android wear with 3.0.2 facer however this could not connect to the internet.

That’s an interesting observation. Perhaps that is why my friends with v.1 Moto 360 have not synched faces here lately - even after they told me they wanted a specific design that is offered here.

There’s a Moto 360 forum here at the Moto Community. I wonder if others have had the same problem?
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-360/bd-p/338

That is how I noticed it as well. I had made a few faces and was going to try to use them they would not show up on my watch, I figure I’d reset it cause being in a box for a few months might have bugged something out. Then I could’t reinstall at all.