New to the Forum and have some questions

Hello:

I am new to the forum, but not new to Smartwatches. I have spent most of my time with Watchmaker, but the steps feature on my watch has never worked with Watchmaker and no one there can give me a reason why. It is working fine with Facer.

My main question is this:

One of the things I loved about Watchmaker is being able to take the excellent work of others, on such sites as Facerepo.com and editing it to make it my own. It is strictly for my personal use and I do not publish my results. I need things like the steps, battery, etc to be larger than most people make them and I like to play around.

I have downloaded Creator and have made a watchface that I like, but would like to do the same with the others that I see. Is it possible to bring some of these watches over to Creator and edit them to make them more feasible for me?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the great work as there are so many great faces.

Lenny…

To be honest, I don’t believe there’s a native way to do so…

That being said, if a watchface has the inspection mode set, you can see how a watch is made. So underlying code/formulas etc can be duplicated and is they used built in elements you can recreate it.

A lot of creators are helpful and could alter the design or provide you with the resources to make your own, but you’d have to contact them.

I’m usually happy to alter a design for fans of my work but I don’t know how I would feel about others taking my designs and changing them on their own. I’ve seen facerepo.com when I googled my designer label. I saw I was on there but wasn’t sure why and I forgot to look into it. How do other designers feel about this? That being said though if anyone has a customization you would like or a specific recolor of one of my faces just message me and I’d be happy to make it. Id have a lot more color options but I don’t want to flood my store with 12 of the same face but different colors.

Thanks so much for the response and sorry for the delay in replying. I didn’t see it come in.

How do you see if a watch has an inspection mode? As mentioned, I am new to the Facer community, but not smartwatches in general, and am just getting used to how things work here. Where do I look for this?

Also, one other question if I may. Is there a way to edit watches that I create directly on my Android phone or is it only on Creator? On the Favorites screen on the Android app, there is a watch button on the top right hand side, but when I press it, it says :“Could not read folder contents”. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the reply.

I understand how you feel when it comes to changing the designs. The ones that I do on Watchmaker are strictly for me and I modify them to make it easier for me to read. I can’t see the small details that are on many of the faces, so I take then, eliminate certain aspects and increase the size so that my older eyes can see them I have never and would never, publish this.

Having said that, I will review your watch faces and see which ones work for me and take it from there. It is very generous of you to give your time to customizing your faces to others. Thank you for this.

Another forum member mentioned something called the inspection mode set. How does this work?

Also, one other question if I may. Is there a way to edit watches that I create directly on my Android phone or is it only on Creator? On the Favorites screen on the Android app, there is a watch button on the top right hand side, but when I press it, it says :“Could not read folder contents”. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Hi there,
I believe this used to be a function, but it is not any longer. @cth4242 is correct in that you can see the inner workings of a face using inspector mode (just click the face to view and, if enabled, you will see that inpsector mode is an option along with the fast forward, dim mode etc options). You can only edit faces you have created in Facer Creator.
Good luck!

Ok yeah I understand. I always want my faces to be useable by all who want them so I don’t mind customizing. As for editing on your Android phone, that depends on how powerful of a phone you have for one. I use a Samsung galaxy note 5 which is powerful enough but the creator wasn’t designed for small screens so there is a learning curve. Also it needs to be done in chrome, it won’t work in Samsung internet, I’ve not tried any other browsers so some others may work. After working on it for awhile I need to save and close chrome completely and restart it to clear the memory because it starts to slow down after awhile. As for the watch button… That thing has never worked since I’ve been using facer. I’m not even sure what it’s supposed to do technically.