New version of Facer crashes

Hi!

Right after installing Facer 4.5.0_4667_beta-(4667) it stopped working.
And not as in some parts of faces stopped working, but as in the Facer app crashes on my watch!
Instead of a facer watchface, I get a white screen with an “Unfortunately, the Facer application has been stopped.” (poor translation, original message in Polish: “Niestety, aplikacja Facer została zatrzymana.”) and a button that says “OK”.

I’m using a Vernee Mars Pro smartphone with Android 7.0 and Sony SWR50 smartwatch with Android Wear 1.5.0.3508863

Hey @Mellin! Thanks for the report and sorry about that! We’ll have our team look into that ASAP. We may contact you for additional information and crash logs.

Hi @Mellin - Our Sony Smartwatch worked with the latest version, but we were wondering which watch face you had last synced so we can test with that.

This one:

Facer auto-downgraded to version 4.4.4_4703-(4703) and it helped, but it is the old engine, so framerate dropped…

Ok, it’s getting weirder…
I just updated Facer to version: 4.5.0_4731_beta-(4731) and…
Just look at it:

This photo was took arount 11:19.

Looks like it is able to display only digits 1 and 6 for some reason.

@Facer_Official - What is happening?

1 Like

IDK, I was still having the issue on my Goto Weather design where some of the text was missing.

Why is “ea” and “e” missing from “Weather”?

@Mellin & @eradicator09 we’re looking into the font issue - it seems to crop up with certain free fonts that may not be standardized with hinting and other features normally present in professional font packages.

For your issue, @Mellin it seems a little more odd because our test on that watch face worked. We’ll see if it might be related to Android 1.5. Can you link to the exact face you show in your picture?

1 Like

Still the same one as I linked 4 messages up.

1 Like

@Mellin we have a new beta coming out shortly that addresses this.

I installed 4.5.0_4733_beta-(4733) and now I can see other digits: 0, 2 and 4.
And apparently, those visible digits switch every time I restart - it was also 0, 1, 5 and 7 ones.

@Mellin are you positive that the watch component was updated when you checked? If you triple tap Facer, go to Edit, and look at the version on your watch is it the 4.5.0_4733_beta-(4733) as on the phone? I know sometimes it takes a little while before the watch picks up the new install, so just want to double check first.

Here’s a shot of Datum Left on our Sony Smartwatch after the update (before updating we did see what you saw):

As you can see I can’t.

1 Like

I updated to version 4.5.0_4749_beta-(4749) and it looks like all digits are now ok.
Now the only thing is the accelerator functions, which still don’t work.

1 Like

@Mellin thanks for the update. We’re working on the accelerometer and a few other functions that should be fixed relatively soon. Great to hear that fonts are looking better now!

1 Like

I just updated to 4.5.1_4763_beta-(4763) and there are 2 news about accelerator functions:
The good one: It updates now!
The bad one: It takes 15 minutes to update accelerator readings…

@Mellin if you use this face, how does it work for you?

Currently experiencing similar font issue with several of my faces. Running the latest version.

none of these (or others in their respective series) are working properly.

@idriveatardis167 are you using the beta? Also, which watch do you have?

That face behaves… weirdly.

No moving element shows actual direction of gravity and the 2 moving ones show:
-Green ball (full) moves with the movement of the watch but always starts in the center of the watch when woken up, regardless of position when waking up.
-The blue circle starts moving in the direction of the starting movement of the green ball, but it doesn’t stop. It just floats in that direction until I go in and out of sleep

Here you have a face that I used for testing before new engine (and it worked then).

The green ball the number 2 used to move with the watch pointing to the top, but now for me, it is stuck at the 12 hours.

Also, I can see that certain non-english letters are not showing up (they used to on the old engine).