Premium designer info

Hi all,
I’ve recently passed the 3,000 sync across 3 faces requirement to apply to be a premium designer. Just wondering if there are any other requirements or advice out there? How long does it normally take to find out if you’re successful after you apply? Do you get told if you’re not successful or are you left waiting until you further prove yourself? Keen to hear your experiences :slight_smile:
Thanks!

1 Like

To be honest I didn’t pass the required numbers when I joined the Premium program.
Facer staff asked me personally if I would like to join it.

Well… instead of 3x3k sync I had like 10x2-2.5k syncs at the time and it was a long time ago.

1 Like

Interesting - I’m not surprised you were invited, your designs are AWESOME and you’re a huge help in the community. At the moment I think I have 4 over 3,000 and 7 or 8 around 2,500. Definitely going to keep grinding, thanks for your story :slight_smile: I’m always interested to hear how people get started.

Hi Congratulations on your designs! I believe that to ensure your income more than the synchronizations, you must create your own style and this must be unique, look at the styles of the premium designers that were interviewed and you can see the different approaches that each one has!

You have already achieved good synchronization, now define your style and start your path to success!

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing. I don’t think I had made the 3000x3 requirement either. I think it is more about artistic style or niche. Also being involved and responsive on the forums seems to help.

1 Like

Hi @GRR,
Thanks! Huge fan of your designs. I see what you’re saying, you’ve got the ‘realistic’ niche with beautiful lighting and dropshadows, @Mellin has the crazy technical/coding niche, @eradicator09 has the funky/techy/retro niche etc etc. Makes sense, great advice!

1 Like

Hi @eradicator09,
It’s so cool hearing from you great designers. Fair enough - I’m trying to get that consistent ‘feel’ going (I’ll keep refining and carving that niche over time - I like a mix of high colour/ contrast realistic designs and funky comic book/gaming inspired designs. It’d be great if I had access to creating collections!) and I’m definitely getting involved in the community :slight_smile: time will tell!

2 Likes

same here.

1 Like

Haha has anyone been accepted since they introduced that criteria? Seems that most get invited based on their designs/skills, rather than hitting the sync requirement (which is fair enough). Why have the sync requirement at all then? To make it easier for the Facer guys to find the ‘potentially great’ designers maybe?

@roycaruso I think that this requirement is the minimum that a potential premium designer should fulfill, since his designs must show that they are really good enough to achieve 3000 synchronizations, I think that most of the Premium aspirants believe that it is an easy task, but many times that It is not like that, the process is long, one must first make known with its first designs, users should try these and feel the need to download other new designs and thus start to achieve a lot of synchronizations. In my particular case 2 of my designs gave me that key to enter with 18k in a month! At that time there were still no followers within the application and it took a lot of work to get the users to know about the new releases … But my concession is hard work every day and do not stop, if you persevere you will triumph!

2 Likes

Thanks @GRR! Wow, 18k in a month?!! That’s next level! Good advice, onward and upward! :slight_smile:

1 Like

For real, I haven’t had 18k on any of my faces so far.

2 Likes

18k in one month definitely seems beyond reach for most at the moment - but hey, who knows what could happen :smiley:

1 Like