Rotating text around its center

I’m sure this has been asked before, but…

I’m trying to have text that rotates on my face. But as it stands, the rotation point is at the bottom of the text. I just want it to spin around its middle, in place. How can I do that?

That’s a good question. I’ve not been able to find a way to change alignment from the bottom. It’s only bottom left, bottom center, or bottom right. I don’t think it’s possible at this point with text at this point. Maybe someone was will know better than me though.

What is the text you are trying to have rotate? If it’s a static value you could make it into a png and rotate that. I’m guessing it’s not static though.

You may have to do it as a static image. Does the text need to change? or is it like a rotating day of the week type of thing.

I have a solution, but it is fairly complicated. I am rotating the text (every minute), while moving the origin using sin().

inspection enabled.

I don’t think this is a viable method, as it needs decimal place on the X and Y values … (which is not supported). I cheated here, by adjusting the font size (to minimize the issue).

You need to put the text in an image, and rotate that.

1 Like

@andrew.dowden you’re always coming up with things that blow my mind.

I think this helps you :slight_smile: >>inspection mode<<