Samsung Galaxy watch - weather doesnt update

Aw man… is there any chance these issues will get resolved in the near future? Or am I at least able to somehow use that watch face via some different app? I really like the ones here on facer :disappointed:

Hi all!

Just a quick note to let you know we are actively looking into this issue. From what we can gather right now it’s indeed specific to the Galaxy Watch device. We’ll provide an update as soon as we can.

Thats nice to hear, thank you and good luck! I hope youll manage to fix it :slight_smile:

Hi, that would be nice, as the program is so easy to use and the results are otherwise perfect :slight_smile:

Hi all,

If you’re having issues on the Galaxy Watch, can you let us know what version of Facer is installed on your Galaxy Watch? To know which version it is, 3x tap on your Facer watch face and scroll all the way to the right to the Info screen.

hi, absolutely!

5.0.0.10_ios

anything else that would be helpful to check for you?

Thanks @thfrkk! Could you try toggling the weather units from and back to your preferred setting and see if the weather updates correctly afterwards? The option is available in the menu on the same screen where you checked the version.

just did it and nothing :frowning: the phone battery status also doesnt show while we are at it by the way :confused:

Thanks for checking @thfrkk, does it update correctly when you just switch it to the other weather unit (without switching back)?

@Kiplis could you also try toggling the weather units on your watch (in the 3x tap menu) to see if the info correctly updates afterwards?

it doesnt update period, ever since i started using facer the place where the weather and phone battery status is supposed to be is blank, or to be specific it just has a " - " in it and nothing else…

i tried reseting, reconnecting, reinstalling and it just doesnt work for me, the only things that work are the watch battery, date and time :frowning:

all settings in regards to my location, bluetooth etc are on

is there anything else i could be missing? also thank you for your effort!

edit: using non facer watch faces shows everything without issues :confused:

@thfrkk No prob, thanks for the info, it helps us out a lot! Could you try turning off bluetooth and turning on wifi, and then toggling the weather units again?

yep just tried, nothing :worried:

might be a silly thought but any chance it could be a regional issue? as im not from the US myself

Hmm, it’s unlikely, but could be, what region is it? Also, any luck if you switch to a different face and switch back to Facer? Or still just ‘–’?

no… switching faces doesnt solve it either, i tried now as you asked and a few other times today as well :frowning:
been trying to solve this for a couple days now… and im from Europe, Slovakia

Cool, weather should work across Europe - and thanks for your patience! Did this start happening recently?

im more thankful that youre willing to try and help me out :slight_smile: so being patient is quite easy like this

i bought my watch a few days ago after i stumbled upon a pretty good deal online and they shipped it to me from czech republic

the first issue i came across is that if i want to measure my heart rate i have to wear them on my right arm as after a bit of googling i found out that the HR sensor isnt exactly liking tattoos and most of my left arm is covered in ink, oh well!

then i went on to look for faces that dont use the HR sensor (as im not gonna use it continuously anyway now that its troublesome on my left arm) when i found out about facer, the issues with it not showing my phone battery and weather came with it

so basically it started like 2-3 days ago when i picked up facer for my watch, meaning facers watch faces never worked for me in the first place… at least not completely :disappointed:

Have you been able to use the Daily Mix feature on the watch and sync faces from there? or sync other faces from the Facer app? Also, that’s interesting about the tattoos interfering with the HR sensor!

indeed about the HR sensor, was quite a bummer when i found out haha :smile:

the daily mix feature seems to be a little slow for me but it does offer new watch faces and the issues regarding weather/phone battery are still present on them too

also, yes ive tried other faces from the facer app as well, in fact many times, to no avail :confused:

Hi Marcus. Have changed faces from Daily Mix, but weather and temp are not showing. If I change F => C, it changes, but no values. I have also tried to force my location in phone app, but no result. My phone is Samsung S9 with Oreo 8, and facer is your latest.
One question, where is the weather info coming from?

hey kiplis, may i ask you something as well? have you tried a watch face which would show you your own phones battery too? if so does it work for you?