Samsung Galaxy watch - weather doesnt update

Hi thfrkk, never tested phone battery data to Gear. Right now having problems to sync my watch to Facer server, quite frustrating.

aw manā€¦ :disappointed: i hope we will have our stuff sorted out eventuallyā€¦ id really hate to switch from facer :disappointed:

Strangest thing, I just downloade Rakesh Ratheeā€™s Digital Classic from my phone to Gear S3, and everything is working, including weather and phone battery infoā€¦ Is it a problem with Windows coding something incorrectly, because nothing seems to work if a clock face is loaded from my PC??

wow thats great for you, i just tried the same face myself through my phone like you did but my weather and phone battery info is not working for me still

sighā€¦ :no_mouth:

happy for you though!

Well, this did not solve my problem to create my own faces and make them to work properlyā€¦ but I am working on it :slight_smile:

Solved! After so many tests and trials, I have finally managed to make everything to work to my liking, huh. Honestly, I am not quite sure what was the final obstacle, but in any case, I have made several install/uninstall procedures, for both phone and the Gear S3, but now, I am happy with the results :slight_smile:

good for you friendā€¦ i gave up on trying to make stuff from facer work for me now

Final words, great program, I recommend :grinning:

Have the same problem.
Wrote about it last week: Weather and temperature doesn't show on ANY watchfaces
Still didnā€™t solve it.
Could the problem appear due to localization?
My watch language is Russian, location Belarus (Eastern Europe)
@Facer_Official, please, fix it. I donā€™t intend to buy premium until weather & phone battery working.

Hi aliaksei.pinchuk, I asked a few posts above about that, I was told that it should work across all Europe

I also havenā€™t solved it at all since then either and I wonder if we ever will ^^

Hi, I can confirm that it works in Europe. I have noticed two things. Firstly, (I think) you must let your phone to send notifications to your phone with localization, secondly, you must have Facer running in your phone, but I am just guessingā€¦

Hi Kiplis, yes I believe you that it works for you however for me and aliaksei.pinchuk (and maybe more of us) itā€™s not as of right now.

In summary we both have all the settings set correctly from what I can gather looking through his posts and my own settings on my phone and watch.

We both have a Samsung watch and an Iphone paired with it (hence the watch running the version 5.0.0.10_ios)
The FAQ for Samsung+Iphone on facer has all the generic solutions listed that Iā€™ve already tried numerous times to no avail.

Tried watchfaces from daily mix and a bunch of them from facers library, tried flipping through F and CĀ°, tried doing the same with only wifi on and no bluetooth connection just to see if it would make at least the weather work, with no results.

Tried resetting, reinstalling, re-pairing many times.

The stock galaxy watchfaces/widgets show everything without any issue whatsoever, itā€™s only through the facer app that problems with showing information arrive.

I donā€™t know how or what else I can contribute for any sort of solution to happenā€¦

I see. The only difference here is the phone. Mine is Samsung Galaxy S9 with Oreo 8, and yours is Iphone. Perhaps you could borrow an Android device and test it there? Maybe it is a question of different OS in phones? Could it be possible for Facer people to look into this after your test?

I unfortunately donā€™t have the opportunity to borrow an android phone right now to test, perhaps @aliaksei.pinchuk could? :confused:

Hi, @thfrkk! Unfortunately, right now I donā€™t have an opportunity to test on Android phone. Both me and my wife have iPhones. And Iā€™ve broken leg, so almost all time I am at homeā€¦ (
I noticed 1 thing: in application permissions menu Facer has no permissions to use memory and sensors. And when you change it, then exit and open Facer app permissions again - it is again disabled. How about yours?

Hello again @aliaksei.pinchuk, sorry about your injury I hope it heals well!

I just checked the app permissions for Facer and Iā€™ve come to find something strange. I personally donā€™t even have the option to allow or disallow the use of any sensors or memory, the only things I can switch on/off are Camera, Siri, Background Refresh and Cellular Data.

Looked through all the possible options in the Privacy section as well and Facer is not mentioned anywhere whereas the Galaxy Watch app is for example in: Location Services, Bluetooth Sharing etc. All obviously flipped to green/allowed.

Also paging @marcus @Facer_Official just to make sure we are noticedā€¦ :disappointed:

@thfrkk, thank You ))

I meant permissions directly on the watch. You can find 'em at Settings -> Applications -> Permissions.

Hmmā€¦ spoke too soon. The weather DOES NOT update, unless you restart the Facer in phoneā€¦ :frowning:

Yet an other observation, changing language (from European one) to English in phone, made the watch to sync the weather?? The watch language changed to English, naturally. Still working after one whole dayā€¦

@Kiplis, I suspected it. Will try myself today. Iā€™ll tell you guys later the result.