Samsung Galaxy watch - weather doesnt update

What the… Kiplis! You’re a genius, changing the language to English on my phone really synced the weather!

Thank you for sharing your findings!

Now I wonder how I can sync the phone battery…

It’s kind of a shame that I have to use my phone in English though :confused:

@thfrkk, @Kiplis, confirm - switching phone language to English (my watches after launching Samsung Watch app automatically switched to English too) solves the problem with weather.
@Facer_Official, here is the problem - some of variable or functions watch reads are language dependent. Is it possible to fix it?

1 Like

Still exists problem with displaying phone battery status.

1 Like

Hi guys - For those of you who have seen that changing the language to English fixes the issue, could you note which version of the Facer companion app you are using (via How do I check which version of Facer I have? – How can we help?) as well as the language that weather seemed to not be working in?

Thanks!

iOS phone app: 5.0.0.4
Tizen watch app: 5.0.0.10_ios
The language that weather seemed to not be working in: Slovak

Any ideas for the phone battery status though?

iOS phone app: 5.0.0.4
Tizen watch app: 5.0.0.10_ios
Language weather not working: Russian

Phone battery status: Not working

iOS Facer App: 5.0.0.4
Tizen App: 5.0.0.10_ios
Language with weather not working: German

When I switch to English, it works!
Phone Battery still not working though, but I guess that’s an Apple restriction…

Hi everyone - Thanks for all of this information, you’ve all been super helpful! We’ve identified the issue and have a fix on its way. If all goes well, it should be available mid-next week.

Hi Marcus! That’s awesome to hear yet I can’t help but ask, does this mean the phone battery status issue is also resolved within the next update? Or is this solely for the weather in all languages part?

Thanks!

@Marcus, good news!
As @thfrkk I hope so much you’ll manage to fix phone battery status.

Thx!

1 Like

@thfrkk @aliaksei.pinchuk Yes, for us too! Unfortunately, the phone battery issue is separate and we don’t yet have for a fix it, but we’re working on it.

Hi everyone! We have just released a new version of the Tizen companion app, 5.1.0.9, which is now available on the Galaxy App Store that has a lot of fixes for weather update bugs - most notably, the issue where weather would fail to update when the watch was in certain non-English languages. Thanks again for your patience and helpful information!

2 Likes

Hi there!

Just downloaded the update and I can confirm that this update fixed the weather in my language.
Thank you ever so much! Now I hope you guys will also find a way to solve the battery status on ios+tizen. :slight_smile:
(Pretty please.)

Once again, thanks Marcus.

Enjoy the upcoming holidays everyone!

2 Likes

Hello everyone.

I confirm too weather update well with native language settings on phone and watches (Russian).

@marcus, thank you for such good news!!! Well done!

Gabriel, Michael, Juhani, Pavel and others - thank u for participation and involvement, guys!

Congrats!

PS Not leaving hope phone battery issue will be fixed soon )) @marcus, we rely on you!

1 Like

Hi. Unfortunately, according to my experience, it does not work. Updates only once, and remains to that position. It is a pity as the program is otherwise so easy to use :frowning:

Hi, I can confirm. Kiplis is right. Weather updates only once …

@Kiplis @xmulle14 can you confirm you are on the latest version of Facer on your Samsung watch? Make sure to check the version on the watch, not the phone, as they may be different.
Steps to check which version you have: How do I check which version of Facer I have? – How can we help?

Version is confirmed to be Tizen companion app, 5.1.0.9.

Version of my Facer on Android phone is: 5.0.1_100345-(100345)
Version of my Facer companion for Samsung watches is: 5.1.0

@Kiplis @xmulle14 Hi guys - The weather should update once per hour (assuming there’s location and internet available). Are you seeing it update at that interval?