Temperature display stopped working

I spoke too soon. Changing units on the weather part does seem to get one and only one update. Never changes after that unless you go to the phone app and change / resend again. Even then the temperature is sometimes different from NWS and the weather app on the watch.

Yes, changing from F to C only seems to fix it for one shot. It remains static and the temperature/weather does not update. Hopefully an official response is forthcoming.

I have absolutely no idea what I didā€¦but all of a sardine, Iā€™ve got weather and location working again.

Now to tackle 24h time displayā€¦

False alarmā€¦ it synced once and thatā€™s it

This morning, the weather data showed up after being blank for days. However itā€™s not updating. And strangely, itā€™s not updating on the preview from within the app either. This issue is evolving! Hopefully weā€™ll hear of a fix soonā€¦

Just purchase the watch (hear s3 frontier) and app today. Not working for me either. All other watches purchased from Samsung have weather though.

@Facer_Official can you confirm this is a bug that is being worked on? If so, please include a possible ETA on an update?

Thanks!

We confirm itā€™s being worked on. The issue is related to the firmware bug in Tizen 3.0 which can cause watch faces using location to crash. Weā€™re evaluating different workarounds to keep Facer stable and provide weather for our users. Stay tuned!

3 Likes

The previous work around is now broken too. This does not seem like progressā€¦

Thanks for looking into this.

I just wanted to add Iā€™m having the same problems with my Gear S3 and Galaxy S8. No temperature, sunrise/sunsetā€¦ that sort of thing.

Changing to a Samsung face and back to Facer does not fix the issue.

The missing data does display fine in the preview window through the app.

Iā€™ve uninstalled both the app and companion plugin app, then reinstalled both, resyncing all facesā€“still didnā€™t work. Both apps are up to date.

1 Like

Hi all,

Weā€™re hoping to release a fix for this this week. Thanks for your patience!

3 Likes

Facer Official, I just installed build 4.5.5_5750 that was released today. Was this supposed to fix the temperature/weather issue?

Iā€™m not trying to be snide either, Iā€™m genuinely asking. If itā€™s meant to fix the temp issue, Iā€™ll uninstall the companion app for my Gear S3 and reinstall. I just didnā€™t want to re-sync all my faces again if I didnā€™t have to. The same problem remains, but Iā€™ll reinstall the companion app if need-be.

Thank you

Hi @eruption77,

Unfortunately, the 4.5.5 release for Facer Android does NOT address the weather update issue. This fix will be rolled out as part of an update to the companion app in the Galaxy App store. Thanks so much for your patience - weā€™re working as fast as we can!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply!

@Facer_Official, will this update also sort out the 24h time display?

S3 Gear Frontier - temp display bug is known but I have also problems with forcing facer to display 24h time.

Any news @Facer_Official? I believe I read somewhere that a fix might be available before the end of the week (and today is Friday). Thank you!

Hi @bradeschwartz - I can confirm that this issue is now fixed and validated internally. It should make its way to your watches within the next few days. The Samsung certification for updates takes a little while but weā€™re going to work with them and see if they accelerate it for this fix.

Thanks so much for your patience!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Still waiting for Galaxy Apps to show an updated version of the companion appā€¦ Should it take this long?

Unfortunately, yes :frowning: Every update/fix that we deploy on Samsung watches goes through a certification process by Samsung which literally involves somebody testing the app from A to Z. It typically takes 3-5 business days and we expect it will be done on Monday or Tuesday.

1 Like