Unofficial Facer Discord

Join the unofficial Facer discord to help and recieve help from other creators. https://discord.gg/yBBgFJ3

1 Like

Thanks for creating this @Urbanghost3! We’ll be joining as well here and there to chat with users! If this takes off, we’ll consider adding official support for it too. Good luck!

2 Likes

Joining the discord community has benefits like helping other creators,getting help from other creators, sharing/ promoting your creations, socializing with other users, reporting bugs, suggesting ideas or features to Facer staff directly, and more! Additionally, all communications can be done over text or speech.

2 Likes

Whilst I’ve joined, isn’t it just a duplication of what the community is here for?

1 Like

I feel like @hayden is right.
I’ve always seen help given to people wanting it in this forum.
I don’t think it is really necessary to create another community…

4 Likes

Unless there is another motive…

From his profile, it seems Urbanghost3 has not had much participation in the community before deciding something else was required…

Urbanghost3
Joined 17 hours Last Post: 11 hours Seen: 11 hours Trust Level: basic user

And all his/her 9 posts are about inviting all of us on something called “discord”.
Maybe I’m just an old fart, but, it just doesn’t sound right in my humble opinion.
Now, each of us is his/her own judge.
By all means, have fun in the parallel world :smile:
My 2 cents,
P.

3 Likes

Agreed, to the Facer Community, I think this is a retrograde step and I get that our hosts the Facer Staff have given this a little oxygen by all joining, I’m guessing this was to see what was there, I joined to see too and it looks real lonely right now. I don’t want to rain on anyones parade but the so called benefits of voice etc are really not what I want, whilst I can’t speak for everyone else, i’m not sure this will be constructive for this community and I know I don’t need another feed to follow. It’s really hard to build a community and I think Facer have more than just kindling here, there’s the beginning of something good. In terms of receiving help I’m with Mellin, who by the way is helpful beyond the call of duty i’m sure you’ll all agree.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t brush it off. I think both have their place. Chat is for quick rapid fire questions that need faster answers and forums are more long form with details. Plus this is another way to just connect with people and have fun talking to other users/designers. I would just look at it as they have different functions.

1 Like

Fair comment, I wasn’t necessarily brushing it off, and your points re speed are duly noted, just not convinced it’s adding anything the community can’t handle

2 Likes