[Watchface] Super Time World

Currently working on this face and would love some feedback on anything I could improve or change.
The background rotates based on the time of day so as to turn dark at night. Mario is animated to walk and the mushrooms at the bottom dissapear depending on watch battery level.
Thoughts?
Thank you hope you like it.

7 Likes

@Orion I really like this, only thing i can see is when it gets dark, its hard to see mario, maybe a lighter version of mario at night so you can tell its him? Love this design

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah I could do that. That would look pretty good actually. Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like

I like it, great idea, although I’m having trouble with the text… Can you enlarge it or outline it in another color? Same with the other text.

1 Like

Thank you! I updated the text so it should be easier to read now. May still improve it more. Also made a lighter mario for night.

I really like the idea. It look so nice.
A couple of things:
In my watch, Fossil Q Explorist, one of the frames of the Marios walk is missing, so Mario appears and dissapears. I don´t know why :thinking:
Again, in may watch and in spanish, all the shortened days and months has a “.” at the end, so when you add a “,” it looks “Sep.,07” I know this not happens in all the watches or lenguajes but if you wanna be more compatible you may think of it.
An finally, any chance of make Mario bigger? He looks so good but small, it a pitty…
I hope to see it live soon! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thank you @carlosfilippa ! I only have 2 frames for the Mario walking sequence so there is a bit of a flash. Just the way I made it and it’s animated based on transparency. Didn’t mind the glitchy look though since he is pixelated and thought it fit.
So don’t worry it’s not your watch. I fixed the comma for the date.
I also enlarged mario now too. It was slightly too small.
Additionaly added some shadows.
It’s also finally live!

1 Like

@Orion I like the bigger Mario the changes really improved it .

1 Like

Thank you @selia67! I think so too. @carlosfilippa had some good advice.

Hey @Orion, I just saw this face and thing it’s great. Love the idea. One suggestion I would make is maybe make some kind of frame around the mushrooms. So when the battery is low you can still see where the full side is located. It helps give a good idea at how much battery is left since there isn’t an actual value.

3 Likes

Thank you @syntaxracing! Yeah I was playing with that notion but wasn’t sure if it was needed. Will do though.
Thank you again.

1 Like

It is now updated with a background shadow of sorts for the mushrooms. Definitely works better.

2 Likes

Wow that was fast. That’s perfect. I actually like that much better then the “frame” idea that I was thinking. Well done.

1 Like

Haha thank you!

Hi Orion, its looks much much better, I agreed with the mushrooms, its perfect now. But, in my watch, I resync it, and it shows just one frame, and the other is aways 0 opacity. I cant upload a video that I made to show you, maybe in the comments. Can you copy paste the expresions you used for the 2 frames? Because obviously works in your watch and the previews…

1 Like

Thank you Carlos!
This is the code for transparency of Mario run image: (clamp(((sin(#DWFSS#/2)*600)+125),0,100))
This is the code for transparency of Mario walk image: (clamp(((sin(#DWFSS#/2)*600)+125),100,0))
Not sure if there is a better way to do this.
Thank you!

I will copy in a blank design with 2 shapes, sync it in my watch and see if I have the same result…

1 Like

Thank you!

Look, i tried the formulas you used and I have errors in my watch and the phone facer app preview. It shows at the same time both frames and then none. I don´t know why in the creator preview it works fine…

If you wanna try this formulas to get more compatibility:
1 second loop (half second each frame)
$(#Dsm#-#Ds#)>(0*0.5)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)<=((0+1)0.5)?100:0$
$(#Dsm#-#Ds#)>(1
0.5)&&(#Dsm#-#Ds#)<=((1+1)*0.5)?100:0$
2 second loop (1 second each frame)
$(floor(#Ds#*0.5))==(ceil(#Ds#*0.5))?100:0$
$(floor(#Ds#*0.5))!=(ceil(#Ds#*0.5))?100:0$
I hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you Carlos! You’re awesome. I updated my design using the first set of codes. The second set wouldn’t work for some reason. Seems much smoother now. Hopefully will work on your watch now.

1 Like