24 hour watch face

Hello, I would like to create an analogue watch face that has 24 hours, eg showing the hours from 1 to 24 on the one face.
Can facer do this, and if so how can I acheive it.
Very very new to facer so please excuse my ignorance.
regards

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community! Yes, Facer supports a 24-hour analog hand function. On the page Tags - How Can We Help? you will find the tag #DWFHS# Smooth Value for Hour Rotation (24 hour) (0-359.75 with 0.25 parts). If you place that tag into the rotation box on the right in the “LAYER PROPERTIES” tab. (click the little rocket ship icon in the white circle just under the “UPGRADE” link.) That will give a smooth moving 24-hour hand or if you use #DWFH# that will give you a 24-hour hand that snaps to the next hour in 24 movements per day.

This is a link to MAG 1611 where I made a 4 handed analog watch face. Seconds, minutes, hours and 24 hours. If you go to the page itself, click the rocket ship icon on the left side of the watch and it will open that watch face in “Inspector” mode. You can snoop around and see exactly how it’s done, and you can even play around with it. Don’t worry about damaging it because you cannot save any changes that you have made in inspector mode.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community @stevfam where there’s loads to learn and plenty of friendly/helpful people too. I see @mrantisocialguy has assisted you here already, who is a real nice guy, but also, please take a look in the Resources Section of this Community HERE where you can find all sorts of useful elements to download totally free and use however you want, including 24 Hour dials/numbers.
Have fun here and we look forward to seeing your progress here with us all…

1 Like

See the MAG Creator7 Starter Guide . Wish I had come accross this on day one. :trophy:

2 Likes

Hi Russell,
Where can I find this?
Cheers

2 Likes

Hi @stevfam sorry I was just being silly. What our Friend MAG had said was a nice little introduction to some of the stuff some one starting out on thier Facer journey will need to know .
Ask away here or try a search with the Icon top right. There are thousands of hours of responses stored there. Everyone is keen to help if you can give us some Idea of what you are trying to achieve.

I’m the “MAG” you are referring to. If you go to my Facer page you will see links to over 1,600 watch faces. Almost all of those faces have the inspection open on them. (When you are on the individual page for the face you chose to look at, find the little rocket ship icon to the left of the face.) By clicking that you can see all the internal layers of how they are assembled. Just find a face that has something that you want to learn how to do and take a look under the hood to see how I done it. It may not be the exact correct way, but it will be the easiest way I have found to accomplish what I wanted to do. Have fun and enjoy the tour.

2 Likes