30 Second Rotation

Hey All,
I can’t believe I can’t find or figure this clock rotation. I am looking for a tag for 1 clock hand revolution equals 30 seconds. I can’t seem to figure or find it. Thx.

2 Likes

@scttwd No Tag for that try

((#DWFSS#)*2)

in your Hands rotation .

We are allowed to go round the clock with this one .
Let us know how you get on .

2 Likes

That works great for just a second hand. What I have is a bit more in depth. I was hoping to just simply change the formula to one you provided.

I am working with an orbiting object. I have (#DWFS#+210-#DWFS) working in the Rotaion Field but would like it to orbit in 30 seconds. Not 1 minute. I tried ((#DWFMS#)*2)+210-((#DWFMS#)*2) and a couple similar formula’s. No luck.
30 sec on the smaller orbit.

3 Likes

Hello

put this in the rotation box ((#DseT#)*2) and see how that looks :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I can not help at the moment. I am no longer on my Laptop. I distinguish between Orbiting and Rotating. I know you mean Rotation. Sorry but I do not recognise theTags I am seeing. I will check them out in the morning. Unless of course someone else jumps in to Help You.

2 Likes

tried ((#DseT#)*2). still 60 seconds.

using:
X position (((sin(((#DWFSS#+0)/180) * pi)) * 30)+190)
Y position (((-cos(((#DWFSS#±1)/180) * pi)) * 30)+160)

I did change both by adding 2 to the #DWFSS#. No better.

But I think it would only be related to the Rotation. ???

2 Likes

ok. so you do want the orbit around around the circle to complete in 30 sec. I was wondering because when i looked inside i saw the formula you and Russell was talking about in the rotation field and thought maybe you wanted the object to rotate twice on its own center while orbiting at the formula had had in the x and y. That is where the change will need to be made to change the rate at which the object is orbiting around that circle. Give me a few minutes and I will work it out. Do you want it to hit top center on 0 and 30 sec?

2 Likes

This is as close as I can get. It has a small jump from 59 sec to 0 but other than that seems to do as you want.
place in x field ((sin((#Dsm#+1)/5)* 30)+190)

place in y field ((-cos((#Dsm#+1)/5)*30)+160)

Please let us know how it turns out, looks to be a nice face
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@scttwd

I do not know how you see

((#DWFSS#)*2)

As not working for You .

OK So I got it all wrong .

You are orbiting an Image . It Would have been easier to set up that image as a hand but then you would not have the Star rotating in time with the orbit . I am a having a look at it .

Is this what you mean .
I will explain later.

Try Keep it Simple.

(191+(30*cos(rad(((#DWFSS#)*2)))))

The first number 191 is position of the centre.
30 is the Radius
2 is the speed . You can only use numbers that divide into 60 nicely or you get a jump.

If you Radii are different your Image sets off on an elliptical path.

4 Likes

OK it is not exactly 30 sec Per orbit . I fooled myself .
I have done this before but I forget .

So now you will see I have included Formulas from @bradtc . He is one of the Masters . I had a Feeling we Needed some Pi .

And just for fun an Elliptical Orbit .

2 Likes

ok now that’s what i was trying to do but couldn’t remember how. I should probably stay out of such things and leave it to you masters to handle :rofl: :rofl:. I thought pi had to be in there and I knew the division was quirky at best but 60 does divide by 5 into 12. Anyhoo Great job as always @russellcresser for getting to the bottom of it and offering up great examples and explanations

1 Like

Oh yeah . He He . I just look at prime numbers and think that is not going to work . Please look at the test again . I have Included stuff from Brad C . I think He must have a Memory . I am getting too old for this stuff . I was never good at it any way . That should not stop us for Having fun . I did not mean to jump in your seat . I hope you will forgive me . But I enjoy this stuff . :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Oh heavens no! You did not jump in my seat, I had seen the thread and you wasn’t going to be able to look at inspector and the tag you wrote i had used before as you said for hand rotation. So if anything I jumped in. Like you its all about having some fun. no harm no foul as they say. I appreciated the way you did the test, that was smart and educational, and naming the layers with the name of coder for comparison was brilliant. I always enjoy interacting with the likes of you and several of the other tried and true members of this community, its really is a collection of extraordinary men and women from around the world

2 Likes

WOW, I could never do this without the masters,lol. You guys are all great. I applied
x field ((sin((#Dsm#+1)/5)* 30)+190)
y field ((-cos((#Dsm#+1)/5)*30)+160)
rotation ((#DWFSS#)*2)

It works with the “jump” at the top on the second (60 sec) revolution. I get what Russell is saying about the division issue with the formula. If you up for figuring it out let me know. At least this is on the right track and will do for now. Super Job.

3 Likes

I think you wil be Intrested to see the Test that I posted earlier in the Topic.
Keep Facing Forward. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

russellcresser the things you do, it’s a witchcraft, there is no other explanation.

3 Likes

Hey. I wish it was all down to me. All I have learnt is by the Examples on Here . The generosity of this Community is Incredible . What I have learnt is there are many ways of doing the same thing :::)))

4 Likes