A general suggestion, a minimalist sub-category

My taste for a watch face would be more to a minimalist look.

If I overlooked the obvious, please educate me.

While I see watch faces within a category that are minimalist, it would be great if all the minimalist watch faces were also grouped in one place.

Just a thought. I’m still learning my way around but must say I’m glad I now subscribe and have a Premium subscription to this site.

2 Likes

The Minimal category already exists, it’s just getting people to use it.

What would be nice is if @Facer_Official would allow us to publish faces in more than one category at the same time. I publish lots of faces that could go in both lifestyle and nature. Realistic and minimal would also be a useful crossover category.

3 Likes

Agreed and I posted this same question / request a while ago

It’s not only getting people to use it but also getting people to not post in it with non-minimal / realistic watches.

Sadly, no comment from facer official on the topic

1 Like

facer official don’t usually have much to say here. But as was pointed out, there is a minimal category, and also a minimal header for one of the featured areas on the front page.

But as far as I can tell, tags and category don’t really have much impact over anything in terms of search results or people finding faces. It would be nice if they did, but doesn’t seem like that’s the case now.

3 Likes

I think @davehorne was referring to having a Minimalist Category to choose from when searching for Faces, rather than when Publishing them. Just my take on what he said :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh, you mean like this one?

3 Likes

That should do nicely Sir :smiley:

1 Like

You got that right! I look in that category all the time for faces…I can’t tell you the stuff I find in there that really should not be there.

I think I am a bit OCD…

3 Likes

You’re correct, I was referring to a Minimalist Category for searches.

2 Likes

I suggest a site filter, that would enforce abiding the category description at publishing, like if the face has lets say more than 4 basic features or more than x of highlighted features, it would not allow to assign it to minimal category.

2 Likes

Yea, I eventually stumbled upon this.

Thanks.

1 Like