A new Orakix Design Challenge

ok Russel shape variation :))

6 Likes

If you do it might upset @icrltd4 for beating him to it. :laughing:

1 Like

Alberto . That has Put a nice Coating of Style on something basic .

1 Like

Just for kicks - I couldn’t let it go.

4 Likes

I’m trying to reply to all these faces but my phone can’t handle so many faces in onr thread. I’ll try to check on my PC when i get some time soon. Seems like you are all enjoying the challenge though. I’m glad to see that!

2 Likes

@Orakix Yeah these Topics virtualy crash my Galaxy Tab S3. Some post 3 links in a row. Oh No. As you say I have to give up. I notice the search bar in Creator shoots of and does a search on the first character you type so if you have a few Drafts that’s it locked till it is done and you can type another character. We need an enter button on that one.
Great challange. Good Topic. Please do not make them too often I would hate to Pass on one.

2 Likes

Sorry if Im the one causing tablets to blow up because I posted 3 designs! In my defense others did a few versions of the last challenge.
One of my X designs was one I had done before the challenge so didn’t know if this counted and wanted to do something fresh. I had the RR crossing idea right away and started it but then decided to do a more functional watch, then felt bad I didn’t submit the RR one so went back to it.
If you want to limit the number of submissions to one, just tell us.

3 Likes

It’s not you, it’s all of us together. I’ve seen other threads that had a lot of embedded face previews that were so unstable even computers had trouble dealing with the page. It might be a good idea on future threads to just limit it to a link and not the embedded preview image. That way they won’t have to load all the previews at the same time. Links have very little data weight to them at all, just about equal to standard text. That’s just my two cents worth, carry on. :grin:

5 Likes

@mrantisocialguy That is a fantastic idea! I second the motion.

2 Likes

…or just static screenshot (to see whether its desirable to check it “live”) + link

5 Likes

Hey @thomasfmal. All in jest my Friend. There is no limit on anything on this Forum. Just Enjoy and share what you can.

3 Likes

I’m sitting this one out sorry guys, got too much going on in the real world right now, but I’m loving seeing what y’all come up with, and getting inspired at the same time thanks.

3 Likes

The trouble with Challenges is they are Challenging .

3 Likes

I deleted my last one, but had another go at the challenge today. This is perhaps a bit dark (turn up your brightness all the way and it should be good. Again, going for a 3D effect as you turn your wrist in active mode.

4 Likes

Challenging, indeed. Very much so in this case. So much so… that I’m stuck. :roll_eyes:

I was hung up on X-Men and the “X” of the wheelchair from the beginning. So I went there. First made a “X wheel” seconds hand. Then made a dial to go behind it. Now I’m stuck. This wheel will overshadow any minutes/hours hands that are paired with it. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Personally, I would just darken the second hand wheel but leave it’s pointer bright. OR, you could just skip the seconds hand altogether and make it a minutes hand then superimpose a smaller version of it as the hour hand above it. Lot’s of possibilities there.

3 Likes

Hmm… either way it’s looking Frankensteinish… a Frankenwatch? :rofl:
(reminds me of the Cisco FrankenPIX from a previous life)

2 Likes

Seven weeks later… I’m still unhappy and nowhere with my silly X-wheel above. But another idea just hit me: put a big fat X across the dial, little X hour markers, and battery + calendar complications in each of the unequal quadrants made by the big X. @Orakix gets his X!

It started as a possibly okay idea, then it just got QUITE cramped with all the necessary text & digits: they’re just too many of them and they’re too small. But… I kept going with it anyway just for the exercise of figuring out the geometry of the dial and the math behind the hands. It should fit well on a 60mm+ pocket watch. :thinking: There actually are a lot of lovely antique pocket watches with full calendar complications (circular, not arched like here) plus even more.

In my “fading hands” tradition, H/M/S hands fade out coming out of AOD so one can actually see the complications under them.

7 Likes

That looks pretty good @kourosh, well done!

2 Likes

That is looking excellent my friend. I’m sorry for my recent absence in the community. I had some crazy things happen that i dont have time to explain now but I’ll be back soon. Thanks for keeping the drive, ill look forward to the next one.

3 Likes