About Galaxy Watch 6 Classic 47 mm

Hi
I must confess that I capitulated. Mainly because I was disappointed by the type of battery, I had sworn to myself to skip the GW6 and wait for the 7, but…the desire to give myself a gift was too great and I ended up buying the GW 6 Classic 47 mm .
After having it, I immediately say that I had to change my mind. I was right to buy it, in my opinion for these reasons:

1. Bezel. Thin and perfect. I have always been a user of the bezel both because it is more precise and because it avoids having the dial full of fingerprints
  2. Screen. Bigger; higher resolution; brighter. It’s really worth it because it’s more readable and because it looks good even in the sun. We are not yet at levels of 1 or 3 (Tizen), but now with the brightness just a bit above half it is clearly visible. Not so the 5 Pro, where I have to set the brightness to maximum to see it in full sunlight. Even so, however, it leaves something to be desired.
    And now we come to the battery which, being smaller than that of the 5Pro, left me perplexed.

I have to say that my fears were unfounded. With AOD on; Position On; all active sensors; Continuous heartbeat detection I get to 3 days with normal use. Without training. 2 days with training.
I think it’s not bad at all. I was afraid of having to charge it every day.
I forgot, I turn it off at the end of the day. I don’t use it at night because I don’t care and because the watch on my wrist when I sleep bothers me.
I hope my considerations could be of some help if anyone is in doubt whether to buy the GW6 or not.
Obviously my knowledge is limited to the Classic 47 mm.
Cheers

7 Likes

Good News . That is great . Many were concerned about the Battery Size . As many say we charge or phones every day why not our Watches . But as Maker doing testing syncs means charging twice a day . They have all worked really hard to bring down the power overhead .
Shame it could not have been done before .
Any way . It feels like the Power Consumption on my Old GW4 Watch has Halfed .
Brilliant .

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

I did it also and am finding the battery to be pretty much like you are describing. I use mine at night for sleep tracking and SpO2 level monitoring. Right now after 34 hours of using only Facer as a watchface, my battery level is still holding strong at 42% which should be 1.7% per hour, which is very acceptable.

1 Like

@mrantisocialguy
I completely agree with you. What will do next 7 battery? If they will do a 7 Pro

1 Like

@masterboyhr
Welcome

1 Like

Thank you… I don’t worry about buying it anymore

1 Like

If they make a GW7 Pro, they are really going to have to work hard to make it better and worth upgrading to. The 6 Classic is head and shoulders better than the 4 Classic. As great as the 5 Pro is they have their work cut out for them. I’ve been reading some chatter online that there may not be a watch 7 Pro, but instead I’ve seen the term Galaxy Watch 7 Ultra being mentioned. If it’s real, I’m sure the price tag will be just as “ultra” as the name implies.

3 Likes

Hi @mrantisocialguy
What you wrote about the GW7 is very interesting. Name aside, Ultra or Pro, what I would like to see is a hybrid between the current 6 Classic and the 5 Pro.
That is to say :
Battery of the 5 Pro or larger. They probably optimized the battery usage so if the 6 Classic lasts 3 days, how long could a battery of the capacity of the 5 pro last?
Watch case and glass of the 5 Pro. Titanium/Sapphire
Rotating Bezel
Screen of the 6 Classic. Dimension; Brightness; Resolution

The problem of price remains. If the price becomes “Ultra” it risks being unattractive. It should therefore cost perhaps a little more than the 5 Pro, but not much more.
we’ll see :wink:

3 Likes