Accelerometer on Galaxy watches

I’m not sure if this is a general Tizen issue (I suspect it is), but after doing some tests on my Galaxy Watch 3, I’ve determined that Facer is not reading the accelerometer values correctly. When I try out other people’s watchfaces from Facer, they do not behave correctly on my watch when they rely on the accelerometer. Going into test mode on my watch and testing the accelerometer shows values and behavior that I would expect, indicating that my watch is working fine.

Let me explain further. Facer does present values for accelerometer, but the values have no relation to linear movement of the watch. They’re affected by watch rotation, which is incorrect. In my watch’s test mode, I can watch the accelerometer values change as I move my watch without rotating it. This is the expected behavior - linear acceleration. Instead, Facer presents accelerometer values that don’t even match up with gyro values.

Interesting… I’ve used the accelerometer on several of my faces with my Galaxy Watch (1st version) and always thought this was how it was supposed to work. It also does this in the android preview on my phone… Do Wear watches behave differently?

Now I understand what you meant on Slack. Mine responds to wrist tilting as well, not moving around horizontally. I don’t know how it should be…

I have read in a thread discussing the accelerometer function on Galaxy vs WearOS watches that they are not the same. The Galaxy watch “if I remember correctly” uses the accelerometer and will move items on screen in Facer by the amount of acceleration then snap back to the starting point. On WearOS watches they use the actual gyro position of the watch and items will move according to the gyro function and not change back, but stay relative to the watch’s position.

I know that the same coding on my Galaxy S3 Frontier and Active 2 watches that I use for daily wear they snap back, but my TicWatch C2 and my daily wear Fossil Carlyle move position and stay until the watch changes position.

P.S. For clarification I do not wear the S3, Active 2 and Fossil all at the same time…they take turns as my daily. :grin: