Allow us to pick individual temps etc

Allow us to individually pick between Celsius and Fahrenheit… if you pick imperial get celcius but stuck woth garbage km and not miles or feet etc.

We should br allowed to individual select things like how some video games do and maps and phone settings etc.

Do not see your point… Just adapt your watch settings.
If you choose Imperial your watch will indicate °F, when you choose Metric you will get °C.
Fortunately you have to calculate steps to miles or KM or whatever, in this forum you will find the formulas to calculate it.

1 Like

And if you pick celcius you get km… loads people use miles and feet and celcius not kmh etcand km…

May not be anypoint ofr you but there is for uk and most america and loads other countries that modernise.

Torqlly going to spend every day calculating and more

1 Like

There you have a point, but if you make your own watch you can override it with a formula (°C to °F)

• °C = (°F - 32) * 5/9 (Fahrenheit to Celsius)
  • °F = °C * 1,8 + 32 (Celsius to Fahrenheit)
4 Likes

@hippocampus.watches & @sanitygaminguk

I have code to do both at the same time. You will need to add two temperature elements into the watchface. The first one will be the normal #WCT#°#WM# and the second element will be $#WM#==F?((round(((#WCT#-32)/1.8)*1))/1)°C:(round(#WCT#*1.8)+32)°F$. That way no matter if Imperial or Metric is selected it will always display both temperature systems. You can see how I have done that in some of my Apple watchfaces here:

3 Likes

Your Celcuis to Fahrenheit formula is incorrect. Should be as @mrantisocialguy showed
°F = (°C × 9/5) + 32
°C = (°F - 32) * 9/5

2 Likes

Oooooooops errors are human

4 Likes

Yep, but at least you can edit your comment and correct the error. No harm done !

3 Likes

Well Done. You Guys Clubed together make a Bookmarked Tutorial. A great work of refrence.

2 Likes

On round premium faces it can be set to change at will, independent of any settings.
Just touch the value you want to change units.

3 Likes

And a Tutorial becomes a Master Class .

you can only use imperial or metric pick one not pick between parts from eqch

1 Like

on the example face I attached you can switch temperature units independently form speed units, however, if published it would be premium.

1 Like

If its a non premium watch (i.e. free), you just publish 2 versions. 1 is fixed to Celsius and the other Fahrenheit.

1 Like

I would have to publish 4 to cover all the whims and combinations

2 Likes

I wouldn’t go to such trouble with a free watch. If you really wanted to provide choices, this is what premium is for.

1 Like

Of course not. I just wanted to demonstrate that every premium face, that did not used up more than 4 of 6 available variables for other functions, can have this at will “feature”.

3 Likes

Yep… i just saw your example. I do like the way some developers have been quite smart with their use of variables, such as michael o’day.

Maybe someone can provide a master class on this type of interaction?

1 Like

It actually does not need to have both units switchable by tap, one can still remain bound to metric/imperial toggle in facer settings.
For example B# often has the distance units switchable by tap on his hybrid faces.

2 Likes