Altitude issues, part deux

I’ve posted a few times about the altitude being wrong on my Tic Watch Pro 3 GPS, and the need to divide the reported altitude by 3.14 to get the proper altitude.

Well, now I have a Samsung Watch 5 Pro, and it’s exhibiting the same issue with the same resolution.

The altitude is correctly reported in the Samsung Compass app on the watch. I’m out of ideas, so I’m just going to conclude that my body has it’s own ultra-micro barometric environment in regards to Facer watch faces.

2 Likes

Like the old saying, “Today’s not your day, and tomorrow isn’t looking good either”. :rofl: 73 Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

3 Likes

I literally LOL’d at that! Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well!

3 Likes

The issue I have with the Altimeter is Calibration . I use the Samsung Compass and it is tied to GPS . Where I am at the moment according to Google Earth is 7 meters . The app has me a bit lower than that .
Screenshot_20231226_212607_compass

2 Likes

My compass app is very accurate in my case. The vast difference I’m talking about is that without mathematical intervention, the altitude on my Facer watch faces is reported as 7,868 ft, while the compass/GPS altitude is 2,506 ft, which coincides with my standalone GPS and Google Earth. I’m convinced that I’m the problem, not the technology.

1 Like

Is it that far out all the time ? Because it is calculated from the Air Pressure it is notoriously inaccurate . Otherwise as you said it is a bad conversion from feet to meters . You are high up . That is like Tree line is it not .

1 Like

This is just my speculation. Since the value is about 3 times the one coming from watch, could it not be conversion error? Is the ratio the same if you switch from imperial to metric units?

3 Likes