Another animated face and the different ways to animate

Hi. I look at animations in a broad way. For me, animation is everything that moves somehow, being dynamic. Now, i like to see dynamics in a face, that is why i called this one, the entertainer.

Animation is for example simple a basic hand you add as an element that has the function of displaying the hour, time, so i turns and informs. It can be a imported photo of a hand or a design of a hand, to which you add some rotation formula or and formulas in each other field, like opacity, position. All these formulas you can find here and in the database of F, are there to animated these objects, but also data, numbers, text. Adding time to these formulas will bring more dynamics in your face. Which i love.

In the beginning of my face making career, i just did that all, in all possible ways. And the purpose of all that was always to entertain, to create beauty, but also realism and bringing those fantasy dreams of the most beautiful face, to you. As a free face maker, i find that challenging and most of the time, satisfying.

Nowadays, i shifted my focus to the element sequences, adding a new layer to animations. First i did split those gifs into images, but i felt to be too dependent from others. Limited. So i stepped over to dedicated graphic design software as is for me Blender. Where i am still learning, my god, will it never stop. Probably i need to die for that… Now, i must say, this new direction opened worlds to me and i would advise you to do the same, be it another software. Because, these elements offer opportunities from other software, to connect and enrich, animations where you do light effects, 3D movement (as you can see in this face). At all time, you need to check if Facer can handle or limits the work you want to import. I animate anything, from background to all the elements you can find in and out of Facer, all data and discover all the time new ways, new challenges.

So, this was a small introducing of this face i made and my love, need for animations. I hope you like it and comment it.

BC

4 Likes

I only differentiate when talking about Animation to make it clear to a Newbie about the use of Facer Sequences . When I was working there were two ways to make effects for TV advertising . Live Action Film Shots and Stop Frame / Motion Animation . I am very glad to say I did not do much of the Latter . The live action stuff had to be timed . Thus my Obsession with Timing and the visual aspect of that . Anything that moves on the Display is an Animation . Great work Well done .

4 Likes

That looks pretty cool, and I love the way it dims round the display, great work :+1: Gotta add that animations don’t work on AOD though.

4 Likes