Another Wacky Timepiece

Well, I have so many ideas but not enough spare time to bring them all to life. This one is a twist on a previous piece I made a few years ago. I am looking for feedback, please, on how readable the elements are. The time is a slow hand style, so the reading of minutes into the current hour may take a few tries to get the “rhythm” down. Disregard the description, as I used a previous piece for this draft.

The bubble on the outer side has steps (up to 10k) and heart rate from min to max. Everything is meant to be more or less a quick look visual without worrying about specificity.The date and day of the week should be obvious (at least I hope it is). Battery level and indicator go red when less than 10%.

Thanks!!

3 Likes

I don’t know how you are linking your face here in the community but it’s not working very well. The easiest way is to click the share link inside Facer Creator and click copy link. You can also turn on inspection mode there if you wish. Just remember when you post the link to make sure it is on a line by itself and delete the “?draft=true” part at the end.

CaptureCapture2

1 Like

Thank you! I have been gone for a spell so I guess that makes me a noob, lol.

1 Like

Must be interesting formulas behind that. I like the movement, its cool. The outer rim bugs me a bit, should turn the other way around. Difficult for me to read the time, but I guess I am old fashioned, my brain can only deal with classic digital and analog faces… :frowning:

I like it, nice clean and bold, just dont know what I am looking at in the bubble on the outer side. I mean I understand there are steps and heart rate, just cant figure any values. I made me one face in this style, just mabe too subtle for a small watch screen.

Nice take on that “Converge” watch you once made :wink:

Thanks for the feedback. As for the outer ring, I made it that way to be different and to use as a static for the dim mode.

Thanks for the feedback. The bubble on the outer side has steps (up to 10k) and heart rate from min to max. Everything is meant to be more or less a quick look visual without worrying about specificity.The date and day of the week should be obvious (at least I hope it is). Battery level and indicator go red when less than 10%.

I am working on readability, so your feedback is appreciated.

Thank you! I didn’t mention it by name, but that is the watch I was referring to in the OP.

I remember it because back then I made my personal 24h version of it :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was wondering why I could put more bubbles in mine, then realized the outer ring takes some space.
That is OK, just a thought, maybe you could try to put it in focus too.

3 Likes

because back then I made my personal 24h version

Off-topic for this thread, but I really really want to use 24hour fatch faces and I am a total n00b.
I could not even find “Phoenix.xhour.converge”.

Could you recommend 24-hour watch faces, with 12 at the top?
Can such be built using the basic creator, or does it require the pro version?

1 Like

@ben_smurf . Hang about with us No Pro’s there is a lot to learn most of it is stashed away here . Here is a Collection of Faces created with Facer Basics Curated by @rob.fisk . This is not what you should be aiming to do yet . You will find them Inspectable so it will be a bit like going to University . Enjoy.

1 Like

I could do that, but then it changes the entire design. I guess perhaps this wasn’t a good idea. I may scrap this one and start over. Too bad I already published it, but, oh well. Trial and error.

1 Like

No no, please, do not take it as critique, I was just pointing at possibilities you might like try.
You can experiment and publish as many versions you like and see how people like them.

3 Likes

Oh no, I appreciate the critique. Just not sure where to go on this. I have been out of the design frame of mind for a while.

2 Likes

Practice on Us. From what I have see of your current work you are putting in 100 times more effort than the stuff that Swamps the Fresh Faces Page. Please keep it up.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like