Any new issues for you guys

I know that #disdaytime# has not worked for some time. I had previously went back to older faces and updated with long form to accomplish same thing and from that time have only used long form in faces that needed day/night function. Now today I notice that that no longer is working, are you having this problem too? Should I go back and try disdaytime again or did latest update break something that hopefully gets patched soon. Just not sure how long form can not work. I am not complaining just venting a little, I really enjoy Facer over having to c# it with android and wearos SDK IDE.

1 Like

Oh That Is A Shame I Just Recommended #DISDAYTIME# to someone . I found that Long Form Version was only needed for TickWatch . So Please Remind me what watch are you testing on . Post the Long Form you use . I will be happy to test on Samsung Galaxy Active for you .
There Are Different Long Forms as well . Peter @petruuccios is the Expert .
I have no Idea how someone could Make a Watch Face typing everything in C#.

1 Like

So sorry it was @ThaMattie that posted this saying this long long version is more stable .

$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSUNSETH24#)*60)+#WSUNSETM#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WSUNRISEH24#)*60)+#WSUNRISEM#)?100:0$

2 Likes

Will share that info when I get home and get the omen fired up

1 Like

I am using a Fossil Gen5. Back some time ago (most likely a year or more) the disdaytime tag worked just fine, most of the faces i made back then was just there and i had been out of commission for about six months in hospital and such, so i didnt notice when it quit working. When I started to make some new faces recently is when i discovered that disdaytime did not work on my fossil either so i figured out about the long version below:

$(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)<(((#WSH#)*60)+#WSm#)&&(((#DH#)*60)+#Dm#)>(((#WRH#)*60)+#WRm#)?100:0$

Which has worked just fine on the new faces and fixed issue with older faces, until today. my version is very similar to ThaMattie’s just with 12H instead of 24H. It works in the editor just not my watch, crazy. im gonna try putting disdaytime in and sync to see if any different. If you want to know about android development for wearos send me a DM and we can talk about it.

2 Likes

So to follow up for anyone that may be interested, at the moment any way, i made a test face using both methods (long form and disdaytime) to change opacity of test dots on both active and AOD. All dots perform as expected in editor, however on watch face the disdaytime is now the one that works correctly in both modes while the long form does not work in either. it is returning night time even while before sunset. time will tell, about 2 hours for me now if they change on watch correctly

1 Like

Have you tested the long form with the longer SR SS Tags.
I am going to pass on the Hard way of coding Faces. My favourite coding is Blocky for the BBC Microbit. Just a Child really with 70 year old legs.

1 Like

As a final update for now. All ways of day/night detection working on my fossil. may change tomorrow but most likely not. dont know what glitched, the watch or phone, but it become unstable to the point of being re installed and all permissions gone back thru and set. been stable since.

Thanks at @russellcresser for the support :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I am not sure where the data for SR SS comes from. I assume it comes from Open Weather. It is quite possible that different Tags Data comes from Different Sources. I have a Data Back on my Watch that switches on when I lift my wrist. There is often no data there for a good few minutes after a reboot. Complete dependant on the phone connection to the net and phone and Watch connected BT.

2 Likes

Right now, I am running my GW 1st gen with Facer. My watch face says the sunset time is 8:29 pm (20:29) and the watches weather provided by the Weather Channel says sunset is 8:30 pm (20:30). My Alexa device says that sunset here is at 8:31 pm (20:31) and so does sunrise-sunset.org. Sadly the U.S. National Weather Service and OpenWeather doesn’t have sunrise and sunset times listed in their weather. So, sunrise/set times could very well be coming from OpenWeather. What you can tell is they are all “close”, but no one seems to agree on the exact time. Over here we would call that a “crap shoot”. :laughing:

2 Likes

Then there are about 4 Definitions of Sunset depending which profesion you are in. I think +/- 2 min is good. There is quite a bit of Wobble in the Rotation of the Earth . Before we Developed Atomic Clocks we did not Know how much.
Here is to having a Little Wobble.

2 Likes

I did ultimately determine that the #DISDAYTIME# tag does not work right on watch (my fossil gen5 anyways) after changing once and then passing midnight (as has been the case for some time now); however the sunset/ sunrise times did change accordingly and both long and longer forms of day/night worked as well. I agree the time itself can change and vary based on data source and your relative location in time zone, the variation wasn’t the issue it was the total lack of it switching at all between day and night. I will leave a test face running for a few days and report any further changes

3 Likes

Good bit of Research . Good Stuff .

2 Likes

It seems that on the new facer version (6), both short and long tags work on my phone/watch now as well

2 Likes

That’s odd because version 6 broke the Facer short tags on both my GW4 watches but still worked fine on my GW 1st gen. The latest update from Galaxy may have fixed it because sunrise and sunset were also broken on the OEM Samsung faces as well. I will have to check and see what is happening now.

2 Likes

i would like to know about information on the galaxay watch 4 i just got one and i joined facer i really like the options of the faces for the watches but i noticed my battery really dies fast and i tried putting one with a more black background but just seem to really not last even half a day so i am not sure if it might be the watch itself since i just got it i have turned off all notifiction to the watch and such so i really not sure if it could be the facer download that i have installed in the watch or if i need to reach out and see if the watch itself might have some issues.

It could just as well be that it fixed itself because I reinstalled the app on phone and watch, and they did not change anything.

1 Like

I’ve noticed lately that things do have that habit of breaking then fixing themselves.

I have both the Galaxy Watch 4 “Active” version 44mm and the GW4 Classic 46mm and get between 36 and 40 hours of use before needing to recharge. If you have the 40mm or the 42mm version those both have smaller batteries and don’t last as long as their bigger siblings. Also using AOD mode is a big battery drain.