Apology for unacceptable post

I let my temper get the best of me and responded to a controversial post in a bad way, making me just as guilty as the original poster. I wish to apologize to the entire Facer community, you deserve better from me, and I will do better in the future.

3 Likes

You haven’t been hanging out on 80 meters have you? :laughing::joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I have not, I’m not THAT cranky!

2 Likes

You are not the only one that gets goaded . Do you best to let it Slide. You guys will have to let us know what happens on 80 Meters.

Ha Ha I got it " ragchews " .

1 Like

All good my friend…I didn’t even notice :grin:

2 Likes

The 80-meter ham band is where all the “bad boys” of Amateur Radio hang out. Just think of it as Ham radio’s Facebook on the radio. But only in certain frequency areas.

2 Likes

So if you know what you are doing and have the right Rig. are you allowed to Work other Frequencies. I know it is not a Free For All.

1 Like

On the low bands ham radio operators are allowed to use parts of the 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12 and 10-meter bands. In VHF it is 60, 2, and 1.25-meters (1.25 only in the U.S.) then 70-cm and a lot of even higher frequencies than that.

2 Likes

81GxF4pnNBL.SS500

quick adaptation in red (but I hope it goes for me and the rest of the world too)

BL

3 Likes

Intresting. A little shit takes off and we Get Wisdom. More Shit More Wisdom :::)))

MAG you should edit the Wikipedia entry for 80 Meter Band implys that 80 Meters is the only Band for North and South America.

Thanks for outlining the bands to me.

2 Likes

You will find that England and the greater UK has a lot of active hams. I have a low band antenna that is called a G5RV which was invented by Louis Varney (G5RV) Louis Varney G5RV - Silent Key

2 Likes

Amazing .

It is strange to report that the rope halyard broke the day Louis died bringing his double size G5RV aerial down to "half-mast"

2 Likes

I agree

I’ve always told my students that there are only two rules to follow in life. Only TWO:

1. Be nice to people.
  2. Follow the rules.

That applies to participation here at Facer as well.
Yes, I know, there are quite a few members over in the Facer Facebook Group who need to be reminded of that.

3 Likes