Apple display off center

I think we need a category for Apple Face Designing .
I thought I would set a little bezel round something I was working on in one of the Apple template windows . As far as I can see the window is 360 px wide . So I would guess the centre is 180 .
Not so in Creator then the onboard screen shot tells a different story .
I wonder what it looks like on a watch ???

2 Likes

I’ve noticed that on some of the other templets for Apple faces.

Always seems like the “center” is 182.5 to184.5 and not 160 like the WearOS Tizen ones are.

1 Like

Even that looks a couple of px out in your screenshot . I tried using the chords that a shape dropped in gives, but that puts a box out . Cannot fit a square peg in a Square hole . :grinning:

Check this article what they write about facer resolutions on apple.
https://help.facercreator.io/hc/en-us/articles/4412573734683-Sizes-Tips

1 Like

I use that cross graphic sometimes to help line up a face for center. It always drops in at x160, y160 on a round WearOS Tizen face. It dropped in just like you see in the screenshot. I never moved it at all. @petruuccios I will check out your link and see if it sheds some light on this. :+1:

1 Like

@petruuccios @mrantisocialguy Thanks guys . I will go back and do a proper test pixel size . Unfortunately the CAD I use exports stuff with a border but I should be able to Russell up a test in Gimp . The grey border that highlights the edge of the window I am Looking at in Modular Compact Is a bit small for the job by 2 or 3 pixels and off set right and bottom.

Made a Pixel perfect patch to drop in to The Facer Modular Compact Template . Size recommended by Facer . Drops in Perfectly at Half Size . Jolly Good . But reducing it 2.5 pixel all round it shows a bit off centre on Creator but the Screenshot Is spot on . Seems to me the grey Bezel wants moving a bit and not set as a Shadow would be .

1 Like