Are there any Apple watch users in the Facer Community?

Even faces that show Celsius in their snapshot show on my watch with Fahrenheit. Nothing I’ve done will cause it to show Celsius. This is rediculous.

1 Like

Have you accessed the settings in your watch and done this:

If you have changed the workout and and other areas in the Apple watch settings to metric and it still stays on Imperial I would say there is a catch 22 going on. I suspect Apple settings don’t change Facer and Facer isn’t allowed to put those kind of settings into their Apple apps. I would suggest you contact @Facer_Official at: https://help.facer.io/hc/en-us/requests/new or email them at: facer-support@little-labs.com

1 Like

Thanks, but those settings don’t include temperature, just energy and distance, which were already metric.

I have looked at several weather apps that support apple watch complications, and ALL of them say that the units must be selected in the iphone app. I will reach out to @facerofficial.

2 Likes

I will assume you also did this also. If not it’s worth one last try before you start the official request/complaint strategy.

1 Like

Yes. My phone was setup like that long before I tried Facer.

2 Likes

I was afraid that was going to be your answer. If you learn anything helpful from @Facer_Official, please come back and let us know what they said. I’m sure with all the other issues Facer is battling to fix right now, it will probably take a while for them to get back to you.

1 Like

I am still getting comments that it is not possible to change between C & F temperature units:

On my IPhone I have found two places where it is possible to change the units:

settings/general/language and Region/Temperature Unit

and

settings/weather/temperature unit

Changing either of these on my IPhone causes the other to automatically also change and cause the temperature unit on the faces on my Series 6 watch to also change ( noting that it can take a while for the complication to be updated ).

I am wondering if doing the above does not work for others if it may be some sort of issue with a different series of Apple Watch.

ps. I just re-tested changing the settings and it work fine on this face in case anyone with a premium subscription wanted to know a face where it definitely should work ( sorry it is a premium face, I don’t have any free ones to try ).

Michael O'Day - MOD-265 Solar Battery - watch face for Apple Watch, Samsung Gear S3, Huawei Watch, and more - Facer

1 Like

I haven’t tried any premium faces because they are only available with a subscription on iphone. No option to purchase individually.

It’s only custom complications that have this issue. Complications from weather apps work perfectly.

1 Like

Custom complications are working fine for me on my Series 6 - changing the unit setting as I described above changes the units for my complications on my watch. Which watch model do you have?

I’ve been doing some checking. I have 38 Apple watch faces publish now with a total sync count of 31,135 altogether. Of those I have only had seven people comment about switching between metric and imperial measurements. Of those seven they are about 50/50 split of weather and distance measurement issues. That seems like a very low number if it’s really a problem other than not knowing how to switch it in Apple. That is an even lower percentage of people than those who don’t know how to change the time on their VCR/DVR or car radio. It very well may be that they are changing it, but it is not instantly updating like you mentioned, making them think the change isn’t working.

1 Like

Could be. Although, I wonder sometimes if people just let some of these issues go without reporting them. I had a face that was out for a long time with a great many syncs before one user mentioned a problem. When I checked they were right and everyone would have seen the same issue but just ignored it or dumped the face and moved on.

Another example is the significant popularity of Apple Faces with time based complications that can’t possibly be working or Photo template faces with watch hands or any complications for that matter - some of these are sometimes at the top of the top 100. I don’t know how many comments they get but they do seem to get a large number of syncs.

1 Like

I just got a reply from someone with a Series 7 and they can change the units for custom temperature complications. So I’m not sure what could be going on …

1 Like

The simple answer would be that “people are fickle” and “electronics are glitchy”. :grin:

1 Like

I’m going to make a note of what you just said! :rofl:

1 Like

It’s not the watch face that is the issue here. It’s the iPhone Facer app.

From what I can see looking in from the outside, it’s a choice between two things. 1. The Facer app is not written correctly to work with Apple to switch measurement scales. 2. Apple has not allowed the measurement scale choice to be transferred to the Facer app. Or it could be an “all of the above” type issue. At least Apple allows you to change the unit scale in their devices, I have yet to find anything Android with that choice available. Android knows where in the world you are and forces you to use that system even if you don’t want to.

Well MAG, if somebody hasn’t got this fix yet, here is how to do it. In the iPhone open watch app, tap General, tap Language & Region, tap Region in that order and choose any country that uses Metric system for Celcius, and km. I am also attaching the instructions for the community. Cheers!

2 Likes

Guys. Samsung Galaxy. Weather widget shows metric. Face weather shows only imperial.I believe I’ve tried all suggestions in this post.

Any idea? Thanks

1 Like

BTW on Facer Creator preview it shows metric…

1 Like

You can swap Imperial Metric . Scroll down the Settings sliders to the Bottom . 12/24 switch there as well .